Register Now
Techno

Worst Game You Have Ever Played?

I've played some stinkers that's for sure.  Genji: Days of the Blade, Devil May Cry 2, Ridge Racer 7, X-Blades, Golden Axe Beast Rider, but before I get to my personal puke encrusted turd let me draw your attention to AVGN's review of Resident Evil Survivor:

Well... What if I told you not only is there a second game in Survivor spin-off franchise, but it's actually WORSE?

Let me introduce you to the worst game I have personally played, Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica:

RESurvivor2CV.jpg

This game is absolute bollocks!  It genuinely makes its predecessor look like something that was put together with actual care.  At least the first survivor had voice acting, it's was terrible but it was there, this has text and silence!

Another thing you might notice is how similar it looks to Code Veronica X except for the but ugly HUD, but it's not similar at all...  IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME!  Literally every single asset is lifted streight from it.  The sounds, character models, weapons, environments, EVERYTHING!  They made this game without actually making a god damn thing.

Every mission is the same, shoot your way through hoards of brain-dead brain-deads to find a key and reach the door within the time or the boogyman gets ya.  Every... Single.... Mission.

The controls are awful, even by the standards of the time it was stiff and incredibly dated.  I understand it was originally an arcade shooter and there was even light gun support on the PS2 version as as well, but when the best accolade in the game's Wikipedia page is "In Japan, Game Machine listed Resident Evil Survivor 2 – Code: Veronica on their August 15, 2001 issue as being the most-successful dedicated arcade game of the month." It's probably still fucking shit!

The pacing of this quick paced first person arcade is constantly stunted and interrupted by those slow RE style door aminations.  Yeah, they work in the HORROR game that takes time to build up atmosphere but here it's just fucking annoying.

Then for the ultimate kick in the shins if you were unfortunate enough to actually spend you pocket money on this fucking thing, skip to 29:40 in the long-play video I posted anf tell me what you see....

....That's right... THE END CREDITS!  The game is less than 30 minutes long!  The rest of this guy's video is just playing the dumb score attack horde mode.  So yeah... 30 minutes!  Maybe that's kind of a blessing though, when I played I didn't have the patience to make it through the first 5 before I decided that just like the Boogyman, I'd rather smash my head with a clock, and eat worms!

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

Edited by Crazycrab

On 2/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, Techno said:

It's actually a good game now, it was just the lootboxes that ruined the game.

Yeah, and that completely mate it a shit game for me most likely. It sucks when they kill games with lootboxes and microtransactions. 

On 2/17/2022 at 1:46 AM, Crazycrab said:

I've played some stinkers that's for sure.  Genji: Days of the Blade, Devil May Cry 2, Ridge Racer 7, X-Blades, Golden Axe Beast Rider, but before I get to my personal puke encrusted turd let me draw your attention to AVGN's review of Resident Evil Survivor:

Well... What if I told you not only is there a second game in Survivor spin-off franchise, but it's actually WORSE?

Let me introduce you to the worst game I have personally played, Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica:

RESurvivor2CV.jpg

This game is absolute bollocks!  It genuinely makes its predecessor look like something that was put together with actual care.  At least the first survivor had voice acting, it's was terrible but it was there, this has text and silence!

Another thing you might notice is how similar it looks to Code Veronica X except for the but ugly HUD, but it's not similar at all...  IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME!  Literally every single asset is lifted streight from it.  The sounds, character models, weapons, environments, EVERYTHING!  They made this game without actually making a god damn thing.

Every mission is the same, shoot your way through hoards of brain-dead brain-deads to find a key and reach the door within the time or the boogyman gets ya.  Every... Single.... Mission.

The controls are awful, even by the standards of the time it was stiff and incredibly dated.  I understand it was originally an arcade shooter and there was even light gun support on the PS2 version as as well, but when the best accolade in the game's Wikipedia page is "In Japan, Game Machine listed Resident Evil Survivor 2 – Code: Veronica on their August 15, 2001 issue as being the most-successful dedicated arcade game of the month." It's probably still fucking shit!

The pacing of this quick paced first person arcade is constantly stunted and interrupted by those slow RE style door aminations.  Yeah, they work in the HORROR game that takes time to build up atmosphere but here it's just fucking annoying.

Then for the ultimate kick in the shins if you were unfortunate enough to actually spend you pocket money on this fucking thing, skip to 29:40 in the long-play video I posted anf tell me what you see....

....That's right... THE END CREDITS!  The game is less than 30 minutes long!  The rest of this guy's video is just playing the dumb score attack horde mode.  So yeah... 30 minutes!  Maybe that's kind of a blessing though, when I played I didn't have the patience to make it through the first 5 before I decided that just like the Boogyman, I'd rather smash my head with a clock, and eat worms!

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

Seriously, there was nothing spectacular in that Resident Evil game. The way the same thing was repeated over and over again makes you wonder what the developers were thinking when making the game. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Which of the Resident Evil are you talking about? Because I know majority of the RE editions makes sense. 

Well you clearly didn't take the time to read my post because within I explained in some detail what the game was.  It's very insulting that I take my time to form my points and find relevant media sources to make my post and then you don't even take the two minutes maximum to read through it before asking "Which of the Resident Evil are you talking about?". @Boblee clearly did when when they responded (which is appreciated) and they quoted my entire post in their response so even if you were responding to them it's no excuse.

It has to be Skyrim for me. This is going to be slightly controversial since I know that a lot of people actually really like it. I got it for free with my Xbox 360 and tried it and did not like it at all. Everything was just so confusing and the majority of my time was spent trying to figure out how to get to the top of one of the mountains.

48 minutes ago, Darth said:

It has to be Skyrim for me. This is going to be slightly controversial since I know that a lot of people actually really like it. I got it for free with my Xbox 360 and tried it and did not like it at all. Everything was just so confusing and the majority of my time was spent trying to figure out how to get to the top of one of the mountains.

blasphemy.jpg

8 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Well you clearly didn't take the time to read my post because within I explained in some detail what the game was.  It's very insulting that I take my time to form my points and find relevant media sources to make my post and then you don't even take the two minutes maximum to read through it before asking "Which of the Resident Evil are you talking about?". @Boblee clearly did when when they responded (which is appreciated) and they quoted my entire post in their response so even if you were responding to them it's no excuse.

I asked the question because I haven't come across Resident Evil Survivor  before, talk more of it's survivor II edition. It was simply strange to me, not that I didn't read your post at all.