Register Now
StaceyPowers

What Classic Video Games Most Need a Reboot?

If you recognize my avatar, you can guess that I’m still playing games from the 1990s. In fact, while we’ve obviously had some amazing titles come out over recent years, there are some old game which I think are still unbeaten in their way.

We need some of those old games to come back! We’ve seen some reboots in the past which didn’t work (Sonic, ahem), and some which blew our minds (Doom 3), but we’re still waiting on others (how long is Unreal Tournament going to be stranded in pre-alpha? It feels like I’ve been waiting forever).

What classic games do you most want to see a reboot of?

Man, this question is always so hard to find a really good answer to. Hmm, I would say that I would love a reboot to Pokemon. Like a gritty side-story or something, just change the battle system completely and make it feel totally different from the other mainline games.

100% agree with Aimee: Alien Vs Predator is super underrated and deserves a comeback in some shape or form. An Alien: Isolation sequel would be cool, too. As you can probably tell, I kinda like games with xenomorphs in them lol

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

100% agree with Aimee: Alien Vs Predator is super underrated and deserves a comeback in some shape or form. An Alien: Isolation sequel would be cool, too. As you can probably tell, I kinda like games with xenomorphs in them lol

In your defense, xenomorphs are kinda awesome.

A modern take on StarTropics would be awesome. That series is so ridiculously forgotten even though both games were quite good. Nintendo could bring it back today and it could be their response to the Tomb Raider/Uncharted style adventure games.

I wouldn't say it's old old but I like to see Halo. Make it so that it supports on today's tech. Like many old games they can not run on new systems or looks so bad on a 144hz screen. What made me say Halo as it'son of the first FPS games that I played for hours and hours on end and always loved it. I haven't played any other Halo games like that. Halo is an good game to bring it back from the dead to the living. 

I like Banjo-kazooie, so I'd like to see some newer versions.  It would be especially cool if it were for Nintendo - cause that's what I always get.  Anyway, it was originally on Nintendo 64 and then later moved to Xbox.  Has anyone tried it?