Register Now
StaceyPowers

Netflix is making a BioShock movie

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

As long as they do not want to have it ruined, I'm sure that they are capable of making an incredible movie. 

Netflix always researches the source material for their movies/series so it'll embody the philosophy of the Bioshock series accurately.

I think it would be easier to have the movie take place in Rapture rather than in the sky as in Infinite. They could make it really wacky horror in a good way because all the villains were so crazy. It could easily become action oriented with good picture, then completely neglect the plot. Probably end up confusing it. I think it's a lot to take in the setting and can't really be done well in a two hour movie. Maybe a series. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Netflix always researches the source material for their movies/series so it'll embody the philosophy of the Bioshock series accurately.

If they have it developed well with good content, it's going to be for the good of both parties. They will have enough sales and we would have good fun watching it. 

10 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think it would be easier to have the movie take place in Rapture rather than in the sky as in Infinite. They could make it really wacky horror in a good way because all the villains were so crazy. It could easily become action oriented with good picture, then completely neglect the plot. Probably end up confusing it. I think it's a lot to take in the setting and can't really be done well in a two hour movie. Maybe a series. 

I would prefer it to take place underwater. The setting would make it more intense. 

Without placing a lot of confidence in the capabilities of Netflix to be able to recreate one of my favorite video game into a movie , I am quite sure that it would be pretty good seeing what was done with uncharted (not quite sure if it was Netflix who made the movie but it was good).

There has been no news about it so far so I would just wait and see if it would be a reality anytime soon.

Netflix seems to be doing just about anything to boost back up their subscribers even since it took a big fall. A new Bioshock movie? It may or may not sell, who knows? If it comes out and comes with a good standard, I'd watch it. 

After Netflix's Resident evil show, I've kinda lost hope for other video game themed movies/shows. I would like to see a bioshock movie do good, but idk. 

As well, a lot of the movies Netflix has put out lately have been mediocre summer blockbusters. They seem to be throwing money at everything. 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:46 PM, Kane99 said:

After Netflix's Resident evil show, I've kinda lost hope for other video game themed movies/shows. I would like to see a bioshock movie do good, but idk. 

As well, a lot of the movies Netflix has put out lately have been mediocre summer blockbusters. They seem to be throwing money at everything. 

Netflix and Ubisoft are co-developing a new Assassin's Creed TV Series. Although, they are not trying to rush it because the last time Assassin's Creed was adapted to TV, it did not end well. Well, I hope Ubisoft can get this one right with Netflix. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/streaming-news/netflixs-assassins-creed-tv-show-gets-surprising-update-along-with-a-new-game-announcement

On 8/21/2022 at 3:46 AM, Kane99 said:

After Rings of Power as well. I heard Amazon Prime was making a Mass Effect TV show, but after Rings of Power, I don't have faith in any IP being done justice, by Netflix, by Amazon Prime, by anyone. I loved the first BioShock game, but with how studios are writing their movies/TV shows today, I just don't see how any show could be done well anymore.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:24 PM, killamch89 said:

With Netflix making this, it has a very good chance of being great. I mean look at Castlevania the series - Netflix does produce a lot of quality so Bioshock is in good hands.

Yeah, it is Netflix, but that doesn't mean that anything that they touch turns into gold. We should be careful about thinking that way. The bioshock movie that they did wasn't that impressive. Were you able to see it?

I haven't heard a whole lot on the new Bioshock movie recently, but it sounds like it's still in the works. Not much is really go on with the production it seems. They just bought the rights to make it back in like February of this year, so I can't imagine too much has been done yet. 

Netflix is also doing a Borderlands movie too I think. Or maybe that's another studio, I forget. 

This looks like the most up to date news on the Bioshock movie though - https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/bioshock-netflix-movie-everything-we-know-so-far-09-2022/