Register Now
DC

Do you believe men and women can ever just be friends?

I think male and female could be friends but it's going to be difficult especially when you're in a relationship and the fact people tend to get jaleous pretty fast. 

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

But I do have to disagree. I have been friends with men in the past. They weren't interested in me and I wasn't interested in them. I'm sure that if I had offered, they would have been willing to jump into bed with me, simply because I'm female. But I wasn't a whore. Also I'm not into men. But being friends is sometimes difficult when there's the possibility of sexual tension in the situation. but as long as everyone knows the other persons boundaries (and respects those boundaries), then it should be fine.

I was going to post something similar, one of my best friends is female she is a couple of years younger then me and we used to go hiking together all the time. The first thing she told me when we met is that she was into women. I never made a problem of that why would i and at the time i had no interest in a relationship at all and i was more interested in having a hiking buddy anyway. We've been on hiking trips together were it was just to two of us for a week or two, i've seen her naked multiple times, we slept in the same bed more times then i can count and not once has it crossed my mind to have sex with her for the simple reason i value  friendship over a relationship. She even called me out for it once, now you had your chance and you diden't make a move. I always felt like it would destroy our friendship if we did. Obviously when i started dating again a couple of months ago it was kinda hard to explain that my best friend is a 28 year old lesbian, but she's cool with it now. 

Edited by Yaramaki

56 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

I was going to post something similar, one of my best friends is female she is a couple of years younger then me and we used to go hiking together all the time. The first thing she told me when we met is that she was into women. I never made a problem of that why would i and at the time i had no interest in a relationship at all and i was more interested in having a hiking buddy anyway. We've been on hiking trips together were it was just to two of us for a week or two, i've seen her naked multiple times, we slept in the same bed more times then i can count and not once has it crossed my mind to have sex with her for the simple reason i value  friendship over a relationship. She even called me out for it once, now you had your chance and you diden't make a move. I always felt like it would destroy our friendship if we did. Obviously when i started dating again a couple of months ago it was kinda hard to explain that my best friend is a 28 year old lesbian, but she's cool with it now. 

In as much as I can totally relate to every thing you said, there is a really low percentage of men who can be in the same room with a lady , even seen her naked and not moved into wanting something sexual with her.

I once had a bestie which due to distance barrier we don't communicate or see as much as we used to when we stayed in the same city, we were so close she even asks for my opinion before accepting to date any guy , I virtually know everything about her at that time and vice versa. We have had times when we are in the room together , chatting and having a good time without any of us wanting to have sex with each other, I don't know if she had it in mind but I valued our friendship more than anything else at the time. Having someone I learn from and is even more available to me than my then girlfriend was something I would cherish. Though many thought we were a couple and my friends even teased me about it several times.

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

In as much as I can totally relate to every thing you said, there is a really low percentage of men who can be in the same room with a lady , even seen her naked and not moved into wanting something sexual with her.

I once had a bestie which due to distance barrier we don't communicate or see as much as we used to when we stayed in the same city, we were so close she even asks for my opinion before accepting to date any guy , I virtually know everything about her at that time and vice versa. We have had times when we are in the room together , chatting and having a good time without any of us wanting to have sex with each other, I don't know if she had it in mind but I valued our friendship more than anything else at the time. Having someone I learn from and is even more available to me than my then girlfriend was something I would cherish. Though many thought we were a couple and my friends even teased me about it several times.

Thanks for sharing that story are you still close with the girl?  It's weird to say this but i'll take friendship over love anytime a day, because true friendship is one of the few things in the world money can't buy. 

25 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Thanks for sharing that story are you still close with the girl?  It's weird to say this but i'll take friendship over love anytime a day, because true friendship is one of the few things in the world money can't buy. 

We are not as close as we were distance and other life activities has taken away our time and we only converse online or over the phone on some occasions. But she is still the only female I have had a really genuine relationship with aside my girlfriend or my mom.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:33 PM, Grungie said:

I have female friends I’m not romantically interested in.

My little brother is just like that. I'm not sure if he's got any girl that he's romantically involved with and to make matters worse he's got so many girls jumping all over him but he's never in any relationship with any of them. I keep wondering how he does that. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

My little brother is just like that. I'm not sure if he's got any girl that he's romantically involved with and to make matters worse he's got so many girls jumping all over him but he's never in any relationship with any of them. I keep wondering how he does that. 

I definitely don’t have girls jumping over me. If only.

Sure, but not up to 60% of people can engagement in a relationship when sex is kept aside. I can keep it at this time due to my engagement online that has made me leaving indoor life. I engage more online, and I talk to my best friend online and share good time with her. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Being able to resist the temptation that kind of association comes up will be very difficult for me in all honesty. I wouldn't put myself in such situation because I know that I will fall to the temptation. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Your bro is staying focused as he should be. Focusing most of your energy on women never helps you anyways and it takes quite a bit of energy.