Register Now
Kane99

What are your favourite gaming memories from the past?

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I remember having a GBA for a while. I borrowed a friends copy of a DBZ game. I believe it was based on Goku, but I am having a hard time remembering the title. I think it was like Goku's Story or something. I know Goku was in the title, because it was heavily about him. It was in the style of Legend of Zelda and you could talk to people, fight people and so on. I never got too far in it though. 

Oh, it just came to me, the game was called The Legacy of Goku. Surprised this game doesn't get talked about more often, it was pretty fun from what I remember. I remember fond memories of playing that on a trip down to see my Grandma years ago. So it's got some nostalgia for me there. 

In my case I took my GB everywhere, I did get a few strikes in school where my elementary school teacher would always complain about how distracted I was during classes because I was always playing with the console.

Super Mario land, pokemon Blue and pokemon red were actually my favorite.

Another one of my favorite gaming moments was coming home from school and playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game with some friends. We'd also play games like Renegade, Double Dragon, etc. Anything that's two player. One of my friends would always come over after school to play, sadly he passed away a few years ago I heard. We haven't' seen or talked to each other in probably 10 years before it happened. 

I also remember if we weren't gaming, we'd be outside with other friends wrestling. And then it would turn into real fights haha. Good times I guess lol. 

In my case I took my GB everywhere, I did get a few strikes in school where my elementary school teacher would always complain about how distracted I was during classes because I was always playing with the console.

Super Mario land, pokemon Blue and pokemon red were actually my favorite.

I didn't have my GBA for too long. Ended up gifting it to my niece for a birthday present years later. Still wonder if she kept it or gave it away to someone else. 

Edited by Kane99

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's pleasant to hear Heatman, you've reminded me of my good old days as a kid. Me and my peers will go on with Konami cup competition, with our respective customized team with star studded players looking for the champion of the day. We do put monetary reward to it to encourage good play. I ended winning such tournament once in about 15 attempts. I couldn't forget how happy I was to lift my only Konami cup, cos I was the least expected to win it back then.  

I used to love and enjoy playing WWE games as a teenager. I can't remember exactly the release of the WWE 2K game it was that I used to frequent a game house with my friends/peer groups to play. I squandered a lot of my saving back then play in the game house. The memory would never leave me easily. 

47 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I used to love and enjoy playing WWE games as a teenager. I can't remember exactly the release of the WWE 2K game it was that I used to frequent a game house with my friends/peer groups to play. I squandered a lot of my saving back then play in the game house. The memory would never leave me easily. 

WWE Games are my jam, I used to play the hell out of WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. It's my all time favorite wrestling video game, and one I frequently come back to. I was actually thinking of streaming it somehow, but I'd probably have to emulate it instead. I don't really feel like bringing out my PS2 when I could probably emulate it and get better graphics from it. 

But yeah, WWE games are a blast. Sadly the games are a bit lacking today. I liked 2K22, but I didn't stick with it for too long. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I didn't have my GBA for too long. Ended up gifting it to my niece for a birthday present years later. Still wonder if she kept it or gave it away to someone else. 

I had to gift mine away at some point but up untill the time when I did that and got my PlayStation 2, that console was my most priced treasure. Lol

How I got it and who I got it from is among the reasons why the memories are always so special to me.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's cool, lots of things did during the early stages of life will not continue to interest you as you make advancements in age. I've come to move on from certain video game addition, I don't place bets playing with a fellow gamer, but I'll still entertain the Konami cup when I see good peers around. 

My PlayStation 2 memories are also Worth remembering I could remember that  members of my extended family usually had a reunion at my home so my cousin's would always be around and we would just go to my room and play FIFA competitions or racing Games with multiplayer modes .

It's been a long time since I saw most of them so I cherish every single moment I shared with them.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

WWE Games are my jam, I used to play the hell out of WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. It's my all time favorite wrestling video game, and one I frequently come back to. I was actually thinking of streaming it somehow, but I'd probably have to emulate it instead. I don't really feel like bringing out my PS2 when I could probably emulate it and get better graphics from it. 

But yeah, WWE games are a blast. Sadly the games are a bit lacking today. I liked 2K22, but I didn't stick with it for too long. 

Most of us back then have moved on faced our different lives across the world but anytime any of us managed to hook back up together, we will definitely give some of the new WWE 2K games a go. It's really a shame that 2K isn't doing justice to their recent releases. But the old one's especially the WWF genre or franchise we played on Sega was a blast. 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:29 AM, Heatman said:

Most of us back then have moved on faced our different lives across the world but anytime any of us managed to hook back up together, we will definitely give some of the new WWE 2K games a go. It's really a shame that 2K isn't doing justice to their recent releases. But the old one's especially the WWF genre or franchise we played on Sega was a blast. 

The new WWE 2K games don't even come close to here comes the pain and some of the other games to follow. It's like night and day compared to hctp. Hctp has some of the best game modes, gameplay and more. I'm pretty sure they have GM mode that has more options than 2k22 does. If you've never played it, I highly recommend it. It's one of the best around. That and the smackdown vs raw series. 

I couldn't forget the day I swapped my PES 2015 for FIFA 2014, I didn't expect to get such swap easily. Back then I loved the FIFA 14 game but couldn't get it because i didn't budget for it due to low finance and I already had PES 15 that I was already looking to flip, until a user approached me online when he saw my 'sell ad for PES 15 and everything worked out as planned. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The new WWE 2K games don't even come close to here comes the pain and some of the other games to follow. It's like night and day compared to hctp. Hctp has some of the best game modes, gameplay and more. I'm pretty sure they have GM mode that has more options than 2k22 does. If you've never played it, I highly recommend it. It's one of the best around. That and the smackdown vs raw series. 

I have played Smackdown Here Comes The Pain and just like you retritrated, it's one of the best the company have ever released. It's sad that when they have something so good, they fail to take it for a long run. But when it's the crap they use to do, we would have stuffed up in our eyes, nose and mouth!! 

Beating Street fighter 2 with Chun li in the arcades, man i felt like a complete boss for days, too bad mobile phones were not around back then so i could add some proof. 

Getting my very own mega drive for christmas in 1992 alongside ayrton senna super monaco gp 2.  Wanted a master system at first because everybody had that console but my parents gave me the mega drive instead.

Friday december 1st 2000 aka best memory getting back from school with the train and my mom would drive me to the nearest gaming store to get shenmue -> that game pretty much shaped me into who i am today, eventough it has aged fairly badly and is outdated by todays standards at the time it made me fall in love with everithing japanese resulting into starting collecting japanese region games something that is still going strong to this day.