Register Now
Techno

Horror Movies

I enjoy horror movies, but as I grew older, I found most of the older ones boring, especially those without a unique story that has a deeper meaning to it. It's why I enjoy the "elevated horror" we've got today like Hereditary and The Babadook. It's not that I love horror stories, and more that I enjoy depressing stories that explore the inner demons and the dark side of human nature. As someone with all kinds of demons inside me I'm still dealing with, these stories make me feel less alone about my issues and remind me just how flawed people really are.

I love horror movies. I'm into the psychological, Satanic, supernatural, and paranormal kind of movies. Things like Rose Red(psychological), Hellraiser(Satanic), The Bye Bye Man(supernatural), and Ouija(paranormal). I'm not into the goofy kind of horror movies like Paranormal Activity. Most slasher flicks suck too, especially since they go into an obscene amount of sequels. But there are some true gems out there like The Conjuring/Annabelle movies.

On 9/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, Techno said:

Do you watch horror movies?

I enjoy the good ones quite a bit. Horror can be very fun, when it's not stupid.

Agreed.

I like:

Blair Witch Project 

Rest Stop 

Halloween (s) except part 3

Open Water 🦈

😯^^ SO GOOD -- probably the scariest shark flick I've ever seen.

Yes. 

Yesterday, I watched the masterpiece that is Psycho. The ending where the psychologist is describing Norman Bates is a hoot. The sequels are good too, but I don't get how he was released from the asylum again after 3, as 4 depicts him talking to people on a radio show about his demons. Unless the third film is ignored. It's not clear. 

I don't know how they could release him once, let alone repeatedly.

I watched Annihilation with Natalie Portman yesterday.

It didn't make much sense, but it was still entertaining. It's about women who go inside a forcefield looking thing that's called a Shimmer. Turns out several men went there before, including the partner of Portman, who she found earlier in a flashback, behaving all strange.

Some extraterrestrial lifeform mimics you. There's also a pretty messed up looking bear that launches an attack while a member of the group has turned suspicious and tied up the other survivors in a house. She runs outside because she hears her seemingly dead friend's voice shouting for help. Then the bear strikes. 🐻

Michael Does Life wouldn't have had a chance. 😄

On 11/5/2022 at 8:55 AM, thesaunderschild said:

I watched Annihilation with Natalie Portman yesterday.

It didn't make much sense, but it was still entertaining. It's about women who go inside a forcefield looking thing that's called a Shimmer. Turns out several men went there before, including the partner of Portman, who she found earlier in a flashback, behaving all strange.

Some extraterrestrial lifeform mimics you. There's also a pretty messed up looking bear that launches an attack while a member of the group has turned suspicious and tied up the other survivors in a house. She runs outside because she hears her seemingly dead friend's voice shouting for help. Then the bear strikes. 🐻

Michael Does Life wouldn't have had a chance. 😄

That sounds pretty interesting , I saw the trailer of Annihilation sometime ago but I didn't really thought about seeing the movie.

I would check it out and hopefully get to see it for myself too.

The other night, I watched Student Bodies. It's a funny parody of the slasher genre. The killer is called "The Breather" and constantly walks up steps, standing on chewing gum stuck to them. 🤭

Whenever somebody dies, there's a 'kill count' that pops up on the screen. 

I have watched horror movies in the past but in all honesty, they are not something that I watch regularly as I tend to get too scared by them. I have watched ones like Saw, Stephen Kings IT, Exorcist, and Carrie that I can remember off the top of my head.

I do feel though that horror movies are not what they used to be years ago, they seem a lot more toned down now.