Register Now
NightmareFarm

Most consistent gaming series?

Pokémon. The advancements in tech have done nothing but improve and inspire the story lines. I was in the generation where it all started, and it’s one of the few things that has the same great quality now as it always had. I love Pokémon Moon as much as I love Pokémon Yellow.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Pokémon. The advancements in tech have done nothing but improve and inspire the story lines. I was in the generation where it all started, and it’s one of the few things that has the same great quality now as it always had. I love Pokémon Moon as much as I love Pokémon Yellow.

I was going to point out Pokémon, but then I remember how a lot of people didn't like Sword and Shield, considering it one of the weakest entries of the series. Then there's all those remakes that didn't really do much to improve the original versions other than implement modern Pokémon gameplay.

5 hours ago, Akun said:

The Witcher games, perhaps. Its consistency in quality is why people propped CD Project Rekt as their god... much to their later dismay.

I don't know about the witcher, the first game was a cluncky mess to be honest. The second game was good but when you compare it to the third game it's falls short. Many people probably started with the third game and went back to the second will probably met with disappointment.

As to the topic at hand :

Obvious answers would be a lot of nintendo franchises like the mainline mario games and The legend of zelda mainline games, can't really think of any bad game in the mainline series. I'd say pokemon aswell but a lot of pokemon spin off games are just not that good so let's exclude that.

Other than that Forza motorsport and it's spin off forza horizon games have always been top notch so you can blindly get those if you are into racing games. I feel like dragon quest and it's many spin off games have never let me down either. What else i'd say square enix if you leave out and forget their western themed games and solely take a look at there jrpg outings i'd say nearly all of them qualify as stellar games wheter it's a long running series or not, you know you are getting a well made quality jrpg. 

Probably worth mentioning aswell : Uncharted, Metro trilogy, grand theft auto, Story of seasons, Rune factory, Dirt, God of war, etc

I feel like it's hard to really single out any one franchise anyway if you really dig deep into it because every game has a flaw to it. Even if I would like to say The Elder Scrolls series (save Elder Scrolls Online), people will argue that Oblivion was tons better than Skyrim, and vice versa.

I'd have to say GTA. With each iteration the series has gradually gotten better. From GTA III on to GTA V. You can also count the top down games as well. I'd also say the Super Mario Bros series. For the most part the series stays kinda the same, but they do innovate and change the formula up a bit. 

There are so video games series that have been released over the years but if I'm choosing the most consistent amongst them all, it's definitely going to be the God of War series. It's a franchise that's been around since the PS2 days and have been released on all Playstation platforms till now. 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, Empire said:

JRPGs in general are a very consistent genre to me. So pokemon too is consistent as a result. I can't really think of any pokemon games I disliked. 

@NightmareFarm

I I feel the need to point out that you can add multiple quotes to a single post, you don't need to make a new post for each one. You can do this by either hitting the "quote" function whilst you have an open reply text box to add the quote as the next item or by hitting the "+" button next to "quote" button to add replies to a list then paste them all at once into your reply.