Register Now
The Blackangel

Stationary mouse or traditional mouse?

What kind of mouse does everyone use? I use the traditional mouse that people think of when they're talking about a computer mouse. I could never get the hang of a stationary mouse. A guy I knew had to use one because his hands were just too big for regular mouse's. I know some people just prefer them, but I'm not one of them. And for anyone who might not know what a stationary mouse is, here's a pic of one. It's a stock photo I found on a google search, but at the same time was the best one I could find:

ergonomic-mice-lead-2021-1620663104.jpg

Edited by The Blackangel

I can't say I have ever used a stationary mouse myself, I have seen them but the thought of using them just doesn't appeal to me and wouldn't be something I would like if I am honest. I have always used the traditional mouse and at the moment I have a gaming one that came with my PC when I purchased it. 

Never used a stationary mouse myself, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Looks like it wouldn't be that bad. But yeah, I mostly use a traditional laser mouse, usually wireless as I can't stand using wired mice anymore. I still use a wired keyboard, but that's less of an issue for me. 

I wouldn't mind trying a stationary mouse though. 

Has anyone tried the weird gimmick mice? Like these weird mice below: 

post-53695-1627310754_thumb.jpgSR-Wired-Finger-Mouse-Mini-3D-USB-Optical-Finger-Mouse-Mice-Laptop-PC-1200dpi-Colorful.jpg

I can't imagine either being comfortable to use. The one on the right though I remember seeing on cheap sites like dealextreme, where I was close to buying one, but never did. I heard it doesn't work that great lol. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

I find it better to use an ambidextrous mouse like the Steelseries Aerox and switch hands every few hours. Learning to be ambidextrous with a mouse isn't as hard as people think.

I actually am ambidextrous and have no problem using either mouse. As long a the one for the left hand is built in reverse. Trying to get things right with a right handed mouse with my left hand is a bitch. I'm sure that's true either way.