Register Now
Jerlene

Did you give in to the remakes?

Old consoles are coming back in style. If you get it in store it will run you a few hundred bucks. If you get it online you can get it as cheap as $40 brand new. If you want a cheap version go to the Wish app. Trust me, in store isn't much better. I bought a new Sega brand new from Officemax and it sucked. I played for a total of 10 minutes and ended up selling it. 

But were you one of the people that gave into this fad? They have the old Nintendo, the original Playstation, Dreamcast, etc. It was a major throwback. Loved it.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:33 AM, Jerlene said:

Old consoles are coming back in style. If you get it in store it will run you a few hundred bucks. If you get it online you can get it as cheap as $40 brand new. If you want a cheap version go to the Wish app. Trust me, in store isn't much better. I bought a new Sega brand new from Officemax and it sucked. I played for a total of 10 minutes and ended up selling it. 

But were you one of the people that gave into this fad? They have the old Nintendo, the original Playstation, Dreamcast, etc. It was a major throwback. Loved it.

We sold those sega ones in staples as well, I think its just a rip off of the real thing I think.

Honestly, no. The nostalgia is nice but I just wouldn't enjoy the games as much I would have back then when I playing those games on older consoles. One good example is Grand Theft Auto. I bought San Andreas for the PlayStation 4 and haven't touched it since because it's just not the same. It feels weird and the controls are annoying so I just don't enjoy playing it as I would have a while back on the original consoles.

Some of the remakes that happened with Resident Evil, DOOM are definitely good and they tend to be more effective on the gameplay side. So I'd say it's worth trying as well. I don't mind playing them. I think this year pretty much good games are out. I'd say that there seems to be plenty of good games that need to reboot or atleast make sequel of if possible. 

Console wise, yes. WE just got a lovely original X-Box that is working well so I intend to juice the hell out of that. I skipped this console back in the day so it is ice to have a touch for it. I bought an Atari 2600 game too from my childhood: Skiing. 

Now about games, I had a fixation for Final Fantasy 9 because back in the PS days, we accidentally broke our third disk for the game and that was really heart breaking for me. I bought it digitally where I could until I realized what I was doing and had to keep myself in check with it, with the remakes of FF coming to the Switch I can't deny it is tempting...

Tht said for many of the switch games, they are usually cheaper in the other consoles, steam or older devices, so I think it is better to compare before spending our money.

The concept of remakes sounds great but in actual fact, it isn't. I bought the remake of Star Wars Battlefront 2 because I owned the original version and honestly, it just doesn't feel the same. Sure, the graphics and quality is better, but the feeling is null.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:10 AM, DudeThatsErin said:

Most of the time I don't. I prefer to play the originals and not the remakes. It really depends on the game though.

I get that feelings as well sometimes especially when the remakes are no where near how good the original releases are. They are just watered down to nothingness. 

I tried the new version of Vice city when it was re made.Fucking awful. The 'new' version had graphics that looked like crap. I had to go through 3 cut scenes when I died and then the controls were so bad I'd just die again and go through the same 3 cut scenes to get back to where I was. Uninstalled immediately after a few time going through that crap. Just a cash grab from Rockstar/take 2.