Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
xXInfectedXx

Reporting players

Recommended Posts

Have you ever reported players who are breaching the terms of service of the game you are playing? It really does depend on how serious it is but in most cases I'll ignore it as reports usually get ignored and rejected by server admins. I don't want to waste my time on using the report feature if nothing happens to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Fortnite Battle Royale first came out, I remember that they had team killing enabled which was extremely annoying. You would struggle to go into squads because if you got a good weapon or item, you had to watch your back in case some idiot thought it would be funny or a good idea to kill you. That's the only time I've reported players because even though it was enabled, purposely team killing someone was against the "rules". I've never really encountered any hackers or exploiters so haven't had to report players other than for team killing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reported plenty of hackers and modders in the GTA V online lobbies because it is annoying that they constantly keep spawning stuff into your safe houses and garages. It gets even more annoying when they start spawning in ridiculous things like Optimus Prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports work on a cumulative basis. So they won't initially work and people will feel discouraged form doing them. But the more a person is reported, the more the game company responsible for upholding the rules is going to look into the affairs of the offender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Reports work on a cumulative basis. So they won't initially work and people will feel discouraged form doing them. But the more a person is reported, the more the game company responsible for upholding the rules is going to look into the affairs of the offender.

Most admins in a game take forever to look into a situation. There are only a few games where I know the admins act very swiftly such as Fortnite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 2:01 AM, killamch89 said:

Most admins in a game take forever to look into a situation. There are only a few games where I know the admins act very swiftly such as Fortnite.

Most gaming companies hire employees to help police their terms and conditions on their customers. However, non-profitable organizations hire volunteers and not actual Employees, for example hiring someone over the computer to help you out with a server you own. They are voluntarily doing the work so the amount of time they dedicate is up to them. I have to agree with everyone in this topic, hackers creates an unfair advantage over other players leading to other players finding it acceptable to cheat and then there is no fun for anyone playing as each user will have the same power.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Most gaming companies hire employees to help police their terms and conditions on their customers. However, non-profitable organizations hire volunteers and not actual Employees, for example hiring someone over the computer to help you out with a server you own. They are voluntarily doing the work so the amount of time they dedicate is up to them. I have to agree with everyone in this topic, hackers creates an unfair advantage over other players leading to other players finding it acceptable to cheat and then there is no fun for anyone playing as each user will have the same power.

Thanks for your valuable input infected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The really bad situation I was in was when it was the admins that needed to be reported. In an MMO, the admins played as “gods,” and we were involved in an “event” where we were at war with one of the gods and his followers. He was supposed to play by a certain set of rules so that we had a shot at winning, but he was cheating. We tried repeatedly to report him to the other admins, who ignored us. I found out years later he did eventually get fired for cheating, and felt both vindicated and annoyed that it didn’t happen earlier.

In that same game, I had a friend who was being sexually harassed by a player she was pretty sure was the RL boyfriend of one of the admins. Not only did the admin refuse to do anything about it, but when another of my friends went to help her, the admin banned his character permanently.

You can see some of the reason why I didn’t last there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...