Register Now
Alexander.

How much did your PC cost?

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

How much is 8GB RAM now?

in terms of price? no idea, really depends on the location, took a look on aliexpress and saw that they are still sort of expensive

in terms of performance? they are actually more than fine for me as i never had an issue playing games that 'i want' on high settings

11 hours ago, Patrik said:

in terms of price? no idea, really depends on the location, took a look on aliexpress and saw that they are still sort of expensive

in terms of performance? they are actually more than fine for me as i never had an issue playing games that 'i want' on high settings

I think if the price is not issue switching to 16GB would be a good idea.. you never know how much demanding Win 11 and 12 in near future could be..

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think if the price is not issue switching to 16GB would be a good idea.. you never know how much demanding Win 11 and 12 in near future could be..

wanted to do that already 😄 but the issue is that my Mobo has only 2 ram slots and they are both taken, so the less costing solution would be buying a 8gb stick and keeping one of those 2 4GB's sticks, so that would be 12 GB in total, still a boost in some modern games.

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

wanted to do that already 😄 but the issue is that my Mobo has only 2 ram slots and they are both taken, so the less costing solution would be buying a 8gb stick and keeping one of those 2 4GB's sticks, so that would be 12 GB in total, still a boost in some modern games.

I'd be carful with that. If you buy a new than stick that uses a different generation of RAM chipsets, for example mixing DDR3 with DDR4, they will not work together. Also make sure you motherboard can take the extra ram. Every motherboard has limit. Having two different sizes of RAM between your two sticks will work, but it's not the most efficient set up. If it were me, I would take @skyfire's advice and work a little harder then buy two 8GB sticks.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

or example mixing DDR3 with DDR4,

i'm aware of that actually, also both of the same sticks got to have the same speed (both has to be 1333mhz in my case), also my motherboard as well as the cpu support up to 288 GB's ! (as i'm using a server CPU for gaming, pretty decent budget gaming pc!)

With the advice taken from @skyfire, I'll exercise sims patience with the choice of a PC, so I'll get a better gaming PC. I wanted to go for Lenovo model PC, he told me that Lenovo doesn't have a lasting PC and most of them aren't suitable for gaming. Rather I should look up to Linus, Mac, if I want something better for gaming.

If I sum it up, you've spent over $4,000 on your PC, that's one hell of money spent. I believe you're enjoying what you spent alot of money on. St this time, I'm considering buying a PC in the region of $500, I don't have much on me now. 

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Surprisingly, there very little in terms of a price difference, they're both about the same.

That is pretty affordable - I am so glad that PC parts are returning to respectable prices. For a minute, I actually thought that it'd take another couple of years before I can afford any PC components ever again.

With tax and everything, I paid just under 2k on my Dell XPS laptop. It's been worth it. This has been a real workhorse of a laptop so far. It's not without its flaws, I've run through a couple of batteries, and I'm not crazy about the onboard memory and video chip. I'd really like to be able to upgrade the mem on this. But, it's light and quiet. I had a mac book pro from around 2010 before this and that was like working next to a jet engine all day.

The gaming PC I currently have costed me $400 in total. I of course had my previous boss build it for me, and he gave me a fairly decent deal in return. On top of that, I also got a new monitor last year that costed me an extra $100+, so around $500 in total was spent on this PC. 

I'm hoping to one day build a newer gaming PC and spend a little more as well, but I ain't going to worry about that until later. My currently PC is good enough.