Register Now
skyfire

Tablet As Gaming Platform?

I think the way I game is very different on mobile and in PC. On PC I'm all about immersion or the multiplayer experience (eg. Dota) but on mobile I'm more interested in level based progression, puzzle games etc. Some examples would be monument valley and furdemption. Or if the user interface is just that much better with a touch screen, osmos is an excellent example for that.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I think the way I game is very different on mobile and in PC. On PC I'm all about immersion or the multiplayer experience (eg. Dota) but on mobile I'm more interested in level based progression, puzzle games etc. Some examples would be monument valley and furdemption. Or if the user interface is just that much better with a touch screen, osmos is an excellent example for that.

I do like the multiplayer aspect of mobile games because it's so easy to get a group together. You just need some sort of software to communicate outside the game such as Discord or Line.

They are overpriced compared to phones, the only advantage that you get while buying one is the huge screen size, specs sometimes can be worse than what you can get in a cheaper phone

Would need something that has good cooling, ad a good CPU/GPU. Problem is that most tablets don't, and when you get to ones that do, you end up with like a Surface (which is just a PC at that point trying to be a handheld laptop).

I'd say simple tablets with like 2GB RAM wont be  a good devices for the gaming and also for other things. I'd say it'd be reasonable to use ipad if you want it for something serious. 

Need more like 4gb memory to have a good gaming tablet 🙂 however most gaming apps aren't like games on PC, they made to use far less system specs then anything else. I say good battery life is really needed, like they just eat up the life with any gaming tablet. 

Tablets are nnice, they are fun, but not sure if I'd love to use one too much for gaming, I did have one and sat on it and broke it(I am not that heavy lol but still 80kg) I used it for mostly work related things.

Yes there is a limit to how many taps are takne care of by the tablet. And so it is always better to avoid gaming on the tablet. but apart from that I'd say that tablet is not that good all the time. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:51 PM, Shole said:

Tablets are nnice, they are fun, but not sure if I'd love to use one too much for gaming, I did have one and sat on it and broke it(I am not that heavy lol but still 80kg) I used it for mostly work related things.

I've owned an Ipad for years and have gamed extensively on it and it still runs very smoothly so it depends on what brand you buy. Fun fact, that's the only Apple product I'll ever waste my money on.

I would say ipads as a gaming device is nothing short of the destroying your money. In case of the android tablets, you should be thinking of them as gaming device and i think ipad is more or less a good designer and creators device.