Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

how many game genres do u play

I stick mostly to the fantasy type of games. Things like Zelda and Castlevania. But I do enjoy a few other genres. Mega Man kicks ass, and I always enjoyed the original Metroid on NES. There's also off the walls crazy shit that I like, such as Earthworm Jim 2. I want to know what the creators of that game were smoking and where I can get some. There are a few sci-fi-ish games that I enjoy as well. A few of the Final Fantasy games I like. FF8, as it is already well known, is my personal favorite of the series. Fighting games are good sometimes. I don't enjoy sports games with the exception of snowboarding games. But that's because when I was younger I was a pro-am snowboarder. Granted I wasn't Torah Bright, but I was still pretty good. I'm not big on puzzle games like Riven. A lot of people here are Doom fans. I was a Hexen fan. Same kind of game, but turned medieval. I played Star Fox as a kid, but it was more of a choice of something to play when nothing really interested me at the time. I'm also a major God Of War fan. But again that's leaning more toward the fantasy genre. Also, it deals with the Gods and Goddesses that I personally pay homage to and worship. So it kinda holds a special place for me. Then there's the classics, that due to their age and the graphic capabilities at the time, don't really fit into any genre that I love. Space Invaders, Q*Bert, Swordquest, Dig Dug, Asteroids, Frogger, and so many more. So my interests kinda run a little wide, but I'm mostly drawn to the fantasy realm. Outside that, it just depends on the game itself. If it intrigues me (Blackthorne, Mortal Kombat, etc.) then I'll give it a fair shot. And it may end up in my library. Which is rather extensive.

Edited by The Blackangel

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

You don't have a flair for racing games? I'm not sure if it's possible for me to strike racing off my gaming genre list. 

not all of them surely, i still played NFS Most wanted and Hot Pursuit as a kid and planning to play Forza Horizon 4 as well, exceptions can be made and i gotta put my gaming principles aside sometimes xd

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

not all of them surely, i still played NFS Most wanted and Hot Pursuit as a kid and planning to play Forza Horizon 4 as well, exceptions can be made and i gotta put my gaming principles aside sometimes xd

If you play the Need for Speed racing series, as far as I'm concerned, you're fully covered when it comes to being into racing games. Need for Speed Most Wanted is among my favorite NFS genre. 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, Heatman said:

If you play the Need for Speed racing series, as far as I'm concerned, you're fully covered when it comes to being into racing games. Need for Speed Most Wanted is among my favorite NFS genre. 

not really fully covered, there are lot of titles such as Dirt that i'm not interested in playing at all!

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

not really fully covered, there are lot of titles such as Dirt that i'm not interested in playing at all!

Yeah - Dirt is good racing game too but it never beat how good Need for Speed genre was. NFS offered a lot more than what Dirt did.