Register Now
StaceyPowers

How hard do you work to avoid video game spoilers?

For a really long time, I didn’t care about video game spoilers at all, for the simple reason that gaming had long since become a sublimated interest, and I didn’t have a console! I was working in the industry, so I got used to learning about games I hadn’t played inside and out.

It definitely didn’t ruin my experiences with anything when I did finally get a console. I just caught up on the games I’d wanted to play for years, and didn’t mind a bit that I knew how they’d end.

But now I find myself actively trying to avoid spoilers for games for PS4 that I can’t play yet, because I figure that when PS5 comes out, I’ll buy one and be able to play them without waiting for eternity.

Do you go out of your way to steer clear of video game spoilers? Why or why not?

@DylanC @The Blackangel @Executor Akamia @kingpotato @Alyxx @killamch89 @Aerielle del Rosario @skyfire

Considering the fact that I play classic systems almost exclusively, there's not really a lot left that could have any kind of spoilers. I have a couple games that are, for all intents and purposes, completely unknown. And no, they're not ROM-hacks. For example how many people here know about the NES game Taboo The Sixth Sense? I bet there's very few people here that know much about Astynax, Clash At Demonhead, or Legacy Of The Wizard either. And that's only one system. So unless it's a game (NES mainly) that I have never heard of, (highly unlikely) then there's not much out there that could be any kind of spoiler.