Register Now
Alexander.

Laptop charger replacements

My charger for my Gaming Laptop recently broke and has become loose, which causes the power supply not to reach my Laptop. I have owned my Laptop for around six months now and this is the first replacement. Is this normal? 

How many times have you had to replace it? 

image.thumb.png.f38e0aa9374a0837771bc22bb5b1e124.png

Edited by Alexander.

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's annoying indeed that your laptop charger is malfunctioning due to a crack on it. That's why we ought to be careful handling this sort of things cos they are simply loose and not all that strong to absorb the pressure. 

Most times what causes this issue to charger malformation is when you allow the cord to tangle too much. It damages it right from the inside. 

Never, ever be tempted to buy cheap chargers on eBay!

I did and almost paid the price.. It worked for a few weeks/months, then randomly one day I thought that I could smell smoke. I thought nothing of it, until I started to hear sparking/popping noises and saw it was coming from the charger - it was performing a little firework show!

I dread to think what may have happened if I left it charging overnight.. 😲

46 minutes ago, Boblee said:

One thing that is very common with tech accessories is that they can easily damage at any time without any kind of notice. I have seen a brand new laptop that stop working the next day after it was bought and tested. 

It happened with one of the new smartphone that I purchased some years ago. The only good thing was that the phone came with a warranty, so they had it replaced for me. 

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

That's why buying from local and reputable online stores is better for me. Cos their products comes with warranty, which means, I can get a refund when it damages unexpectedly without any hit when the warranty time isn't covered. 

I'm more comfortable with getting my laptops backup hardware accessories like chargers from a local store. At least I will test it out myself before paying.