Register Now
Damon1

Franchises that need a comeback

What videogame franchises would you like to see back with new games ?

My choice it will be Onimusha from the PS2 era, recently the first game was ported to the PS4 but I would like to see the soul formula applied to this franchise.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was going to say Castlevania, but @killamch89 beat me to it. So instead I will give my vote to a few one shots that severely deserve a sequel.

Dantes Inferno (PS3)
Blackthorne (SNES)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
Zelda Majoras Mask (N64)

Dante's Inferno is a great call to be fair (how'd I not remember that)...

Syphon Filter baby! I don't recall the last time they made a new game in the series. Maybe for the PS3 at the latest, but I don't recall seeing anything for the PS4. I remember playing the first game's demo, and loving it so much. Sadly, I never got to play the full game, I still would like to see a comeback in the series. 

Mafia series ( a newer game and not a remake )

Manhunt 

Max Payne

Driver ( was replaced by Watch Dogs, but would be cool if we have another one )

Prince of Persia ( was also replaced by Assasins creed )

GTA, because we simply didn't see a newer one since 2013

I'd like to see Tombi! (AKA Tomba!) make a return. It was one of the original platform games I ever had the joy of playing, and easily one of the Playstation's most envy-inducing titles. While developer and distributor Whoopee Camp made enough money (and a long lasting enough impression) to fund a sequel, they unfortunately went bust immediately after with little to no information being out there on what troubles they faced.

Along with that I'd say the Klonoa franchise, a similar 2.5D platform game that fully deserves the high praise it had since its launch. While Klonoa has seen a few more sequels and remasters, as well as a volleyball game, things have been rather quiet on Namco's end. I hope we see a new Klonoa game soon enough.

15 hours ago, Patrik said:

Manhunt 

Max Payne

Prince of Persia Sands of Time remake is in the works. Looking forward to that too

17 hours ago, Patrik said:

Manhunt 

Max Payne

Oh wow, I didn't know some people from the Driver series was involved with Watch Dogs. I loved Watch Dogs 2 a lot! Anyway, I would welcome a new Driver game. I will even go so far and say I liked Driver 3 even, or I should say Driv3r. 

I only played the demo for Driver San Franchisco. I would like to see another game with similar gameplay to that, as it really changed the formula for driver a lot, and it worked well from what I saw.