Register Now
StaceyPowers

PC series that you want to show up on console?

Age Of Empires II and Diablo II. That would be pretty sweet. Of course the cheat codes for AOE would most likely not be available, and I wouldn't be able to script and create my own items for Diablo II. But it would still be awesome to play them again without having to dig out the computer I was using 20+ years ago.

Edited by The Blackangel

Honsite, Nothing to my minde at all since I just do not do consoles. I mean games that are made for PC are for PC and should be for PC only 🙂 If they allow it for other platforms that more trolls and cheaters and whatnot will be just madness. 

On 3/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, m76 said:

Since PC is the more versatile platform, I see no benefit in bringing games to console, I wish a lot of console games were on PC to be fully enjoyable.

Aren't stingy or too selfish 😂? There are some people who aren't used to gaming with PC. I think it's best to have it balanced and made available on both gaming platforms. 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:33 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any games or franchises that have been exclusively on PC in the past that you want to see make their way to console in one form or another?

Diablo II would be my favorite PC game pick that should be made available on Console ; especially on Playstation 4 because it's my favorite console. 

12 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Diablo II would be my favorite PC game pick that should be made available on Console ; especially on Playstation 4 because it's my favorite console. 

Diablo II Resurrected has been announced for release PS4 and PS5 on September 23rd 2021.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 3/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, m76 said:

Since PC is the more versatile platform, I see no benefit in bringing games to console, I wish a lot of console games were on PC to be fully enjoyable.

You can't say "I think all console exclusives should be on PC, but PC exclusives shouldn't be on console". You can't have it both ways, either you for exclusives or you're not.

18 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Half Life one and two were on console.

I stand corrected.  Guess you learn something new everyday.  Half Life was on PS2 and Half Life 2 was on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Edited by Crazycrab

39 minutes ago, Shagger said:

You can't say "I think all console exclusives should be on PC, but PC exclusives shouldn't be on console". You can't have it both ways, either you for exclusives or you're not.

Yeah, that's actually how I think it is for now. For the fact that PC is more versatile gives it an edge over consoles. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's actually how I think it is for now. For the fact that PC is more versatile gives it an edge over consoles. 

Modern PC's and consoles are actually very similar in terms of thier software and hardware architecture, it's not that difficult to make a game for one then port it to another. I'm not saying it's easy either, but it's more than possible. PC's are a more versatile utility, but that has nothing to do with porting games. What bothers me about the statement you and @m76 are making is that's hypocritical. You can't say that PC's should have exclusives and consoles shouldn't, that's a very bias, almost fanboy like mentality. Either you're for exclusives in gaming, or you're not, there is no halfway. If I were to say "Consoles should have exclusives but PC's shouldn't" I'd get ripped apart, and that's exactly what I would deserve because it's hypocritical. Personally, I understand why people get frustrated with exclusives, but I also get why they exist, especially on console. So, I'm on the fence, I'm not completely sure how I feel about them, but I do know that picking and choosing what platforms should and shouldn't have exclusives doesn't make any sense at all.

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Modern PC's and consoles are actually very similar in terms of thier software and hardware architecture, it's not that difficult to make a game for one then port it to another. I'm not saying it's easy either, but it's more than possible. PC's are a more versatile utility, but that has nothing to do with porting games. What bothers me about the statement you and @m76 are making is that's hypocritical. You can't say that PC's should have exclusives and consoles shouldn't, that's a very bias, almost fanboy like mentality. Either you're for exclusives in gaming, or you're not, there is no halfway. If I were to say "Consoles should have exclusives but PC's shouldn't" I'd get ripped apart, and that's exactly what I would deserve because it's hypocritical. Personally, I understand why people get frustrated with exclusives, but I also get why they exist, especially on console. So, I'm on the fence, I'm not completely sure how I feel about them, but I do know that picking and choosing what platforms should and shouldn't have exclusives doesn't make any sense at all.

Personally for me, I believe that either both games should be made available on both. But for the fact that I'm more at ease with playing with consoles makes me kinda attached to it more. I definitely have nothing against PC or being a fanboy as you put, it's just the way it is with me.