Register Now
StaceyPowers

What gaming topic do you wish you knew more about?

This is a tough one because I at least have basic knowledge of almost everything when in comes to games. I'd say I wish I knew how I could piss off hackers and modders but getting them banned doesn't do enough for me. I want them to get a taste of their own medicine but I can't be bothered to learn hacking or modding of games because this goes against my fair play ethics.

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I wish I new more about computer gaming and modding, but I don't see myself building up a system. It would become another money spending obsession. I have enough of those. 

It's not what it used to be. Nowadays you can get away with not spending money on your system for 3-4 years. In the late nineties early 2000s if you did not upgrade sg, every 6months you'd struggle to play the newest titles.

Wish I'd learned how to code gaming and do it all. I was taught more of the art side, barely even touched MEL or Python. Spent little on art direction and 3D modeling. Woop. As a game design student back many years ago that I failed 😛  I expected much more in the way of being able to create a game, not just work in a sweatshop modeling hockey helmets all day.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, Patrik said:

I wish i could know about how games engines were made (i'm a programmer, but they are still a complicated topic for me)

Well, if I have that knowledge about game engines and also how to create one, I'm definitely going to wow gaming fans with something they had never seen before. 

On 7/22/2021 at 5:59 PM, Heatman said:

Well, if I have that knowledge about game engines and also how to create one, I'm definitely going to wow gaming fans with something they had never seen before. 

creating games engines in 2021 isn't the best thing to do (unless you are going to bring more uniqueness), because there are lot of existing ones to choose from (some are free)

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

creating games engines in 2021 isn't the best thing to do (unless you are going to bring more uniqueness), because there are lot of existing ones to choose from (some are free)

Unreal engine and Unity both are free. I tried both of them and also created one mobile game similar to angry birds. 😆

I do agree with your comments, there are already free Engines available, so better not to indulge ourself which does not have any profitable future. 😊

17 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Unreal engine and Unity both are free. I tried both of them and also created one mobile game similar to angry birds. 😆

I do agree with your comments, there are already free Engines available, so better not to indulge ourself which does not have any profitable future. 😊

Angry Birds is one of the games that I loved playing with whenever I want to laugh out loud so much looking at those pigs 🐖 with their bruised eyes. 

20 hours ago, Patrik said:

Well, that's what the knowledge I believe brings to the table for you because you will be equipped with tons of ideas that are never available that will give your game a unique existence.