Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you want gaming to be like in 20 years?

Just look at consoles from 20 years ago in the early 2000's and see how much has changed since. How far can graphics go? Imagine real life looking characters or maybe even have a character that looks like yourself. Frame speeds will be super high so I can expect high action packed games. I don't know what I would want because I'm pretty happy with current games I have. All games should have what Assassin's Creed games have such as having a bird fly over the entire map area and see everything. And make it even better so as to get real close to things, control speed, or zoom through valleys and have lots of great AI wildlife as if you were an actual bird. Or fly a dragon or something. Every game needs it. Blood and guts should look real as if videos were taken from an actual war scene or morgue. I hope open world games get more dialog time and cut scenes in main stories. It's sorely lacking. Witcher 3 had some really great scenes in its story for an open world. But I'm talking long 5 min scenes, then gameplay, then another good scene. That is immersive as hell. And then interact in the scenes so you won't get bored. Game systems need included major gb upgrades since I imagine these games will get big. 

No idea what gaming is going to be like 20 years from now, I mean people back 20 years ago would not even think about what gaming is like now then from 20 years ago. I say that I still be doing flight sims for more years to come since they aiming to support the game for that mount of time till another new furture game comes. Hardware will be far more differnt in 20 years time.

The voice actors for RDR2 didn't just do voices. They were also film actors. Rockstar filmed them acting out almost the entire game, and then digitally edited the film to place the character over the actors for the game. It was a massive undertaking (and a risky one at that), but proved to be a risk worth taking, as it was one of the most successful games they have ever released. If we're already at the point of filming the game, and just editing the film to put a digital image of a character over that of the actor, then I just wonder how we can even go any further in games, or gaming in general.

I hope that in the near to mid-distant future we will start to see even more beautiful, GOTY-like indies, and the return of series that have been absent for a long time. GTA, Bioshock, Splinter Cell, Max Payne, The Elder Scrolls, Along with something innovative, new, like never before seen levels of environmental destruction.

VR is probably the future. I hope VR achieves modern graphics. Can you imagine something like last year’s Modern Warfare or Cyberpunk but on VR?

My guess after 20 years, the games will become fully virtual ones. In those games, you don't have to play with joystick for any keyboard. A chip would be injected in your brain and you could play while lying on bed or sleeping. Just what happens while you are in a dream, you could control everything with your brain. 😆

Edited by Razor1911

5 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

My guess after 20 years, the games will become fully virtual ones. In those games, you don't have to play with joystick for any keyboard. A chip would be injected in your brain and you could play while lying on bed or sleeping. Just what happens while you are in a dream, you could control everything with your brain. 😆

That sounds boring as hell. Ignoring the fact that I'm a classic gamer, I would beg for antique systems. Either that or beg to be shot.

8 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That sounds boring as hell. Ignoring the fact that I'm a classic gamer, I would beg for antique systems. Either that or beg to be shot.

Weirdly enough, I see the appeal in what @Razor1911 says (probably because gaming and dreaming feel similar to me), and totally relate to your reaction at the same time. 

I don't even know if I'll still be playing games in 20 years. One reason is because I don't know if I'll even be alive, as my health isn't particularly great. Another is that I'm 39, so at the age of 59, I may have lost complete interest. I hope I don't lose interest, but I know I won't be posting on a forum anymore. Too many kids talking about shit I didn't even understand. Hell it's already happening. I just mark the PC and Mobile boards as read because I can't follow a damn thing in there. Too many letters and numbers mixed together, and I'm not exactly the brightest crayon in the box. Or as some would say, a few fries short of a happy meal.

But 20 years from now, I'll probably be laying in my bed watching the ceiling fan spin, and slapping my boobs back and forth trying to see if they've sagged enough to tie them in a knot.

Probably some of the best Virtual Reality that could ever exist. I'm really excited for them to get good with this VR deal. The hololens being delayed is quite frustrating but eventually they will release. When they release the Xbox Augmented Reality headset, it will be what marks a legend because Halo is going to be a top contender. They already released previews of halo on the hololens a long time ago and I can't wait.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:55 PM, The Blackangel said:

That may sound boring but actually it is more exciting than you can think. You will feel like you are inside the game, and the character is you yourself. 😆