Register Now
StaceyPowers

What scenes in video games have made you cry?

Without spoiling too much, the death of a character in Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered. We don't get to see much of them but they play a pivotal role in the gameplay and they provide further motivation for the rest of the team. Rewatching the scenes comparing the game and the anime show adaptation, I had to fight back the tears because it was so hard to see that happen again.

I don't think I would've cried had the alternatives been implemented: the character is shot between the eyes, clutching a letter in the event of their death, or having them become sloppy (affecting gameplay in an already difficult mission) and they don't resolve their arc with another character.

36 minutes ago, Empire said:

Truth to be told, I have not played a game that made me cry 😜 Then again I'm not someone who cries at any media really but To The Moon has taken closest to tears. The soundtrack alone is enough to make me sad and give false nostalgia now.

Actually, there are some people with a more tough or hard skin when it comes to having their emotions boiling over with sad moments in either games or movies. 

There are even some that don't cry even when their close family member kicked the bucket. 

Edited by Heatman

The farmhouse scene from The Last of Us always gets to me.  The moment when Ellie pushes Joel saying "Everyone that I have cared for has either died or left me.  Everyone... Fucking except for you!" is so poignant and powerful.  It does so much for Ellie's character showing her strength and vulnerability at the same time.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Without a doubt, one of the first times in a video game that ever made me regret my actions.

Seriously - With building up the images of the innocent woman and children in my head after that scene still gives me goosebumps. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Please kindly give us the spoilers mate 😉. We are thick as thieves already here 🕺

If more people ask for it, I'll post it. But at the moment, I know there are enough people here that have yet to play it, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

I absolutely hate spoilers so I don't give any if I can avoid it.

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If more people ask for it, I'll post it. But at the moment, I know there are enough people here that have yet to play it, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

I absolutely hate spoilers so I don't give any if I can avoid it.

Yeah - That's true in a way. There are some whom it would ruin the fun in it once they get to learn it from spoilers.