Register Now
ZandraJoi

Back to the Future movies franchise

The movies were in 1985, 1989, 1990. They starred Michael J. Fox as student Marty McFly & Christopher Lloyd as scientist Doc Brown. I remember when this came out, it was the best thing. Which movie did you like the best? I lean towards the original. Original movies helps the viewer to build up the characters & the storyline.

Interesting tidbit: The rights to the film & their sequels are owned by Robert Zemeckis & Bob Gale. In an interview, they mentioned that there would be no reboot or remake during their lifetimes.

Majority of the Bollywood, Hollywood movies I watched mostly till today, dated back from 70s to 90s. I don't pay much attention to the recent decade movies. I loved it when I watched 'Titanic movie, which was performed in 1997, I loved the time when I watched 'Nagina, and 'Parinda. 

For me, the trilogy is propped up by the concept rather than the films. The first one is really good but the second one bored me because of how similar to the first it was. The slower pace but less substance of 80s films didn't help. I have only watched the third one once because I generally dislike western settings. I didn't realised it was so criticised.

The trilogy is totally worth it. My favorite is the 2nd film. I'm a little less enthused about the musical news. I hope those who enjoy musicals of this nature have a blast. A musical interpretation of Back to the Future is simply not my jam.

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/202384/olivier-winning-back-to-the-future-musical-to-arrive-on-broadway-in-2023/

I love these movies, despite the fact I didn't exactly grow up with them.  I favour the first and third movies myself, I love the second as well but I just it retread the same notes as the first a little to much.

I only really became a fan later in life and only recently did I discover some interesting facts about them.  For example, the first movie released in theatres in America the literal day I was born!

On 6/23/2022 at 4:30 PM, harleyqbx said:

The trilogy is totally worth it. My favorite is the 2nd film. I'm a little less enthused about the musical news. I hope those who enjoy musicals of this nature have a blast. A musical interpretation of Back to the Future is simply not my jam.

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/202384/olivier-winning-back-to-the-future-musical-to-arrive-on-broadway-in-2023/

I'm definitely not feeling the musical either - It's pretty normal for iconic movie series to be ruined due to terrible ideas such as a a broadway musical.