Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you set aside money for future game purchases?

I try to and fail. I'm those people that if I really wanted a game so badly I tend to think hard and buy it if I have the money. But 100% of the time they get released and stays on my wishlist for months or years till the price is right or money is in my wallet. 

furture point of view, nope. 

Planning out expenses when it comes to gaming is pretty much the only good reason to pre-order games these days. It gives you choice to buy games when they're more easily affordable for yourself, as apposed to having to by so many within a small space of time like in the infamous "Broketober" period. Don't get me wrong, I still hate the way companies handle pre-orders, they want you to do it for the wrong reasons, but it was be useful.

As a high school and college kid without a regular income, it was very much a consideration and a necessity to set aside money for games. Thankfully as an adult paying for the few games that I want to play doesn't require special planning.

11 hours ago, Empire said:

I try to and fail. I'm those people that if I really wanted a game so badly I tend to think hard and buy it if I have the money. But 100% of the time they get released and stays on my wishlist for months or years till the price is right or money is in my wallet. 

furture point of view, nope. 

You can even look for deals at launch - you'd be surprised at how many deals pop up at launch for a good number of games.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:31 AM, killamch89 said:

Have to agree with @Heatman, it's more like a budget for gaming although there are some games that I do set aside money for especially when I know they're coming out in the near future.

Yeah - more like a game that your are impressed with its reveal and pre order trailer. You can easily set aside a slush fund for it at its release, if it's worth it, then getting it wouldn't be an issue. 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:29 PM, m76 said:

As a high school and college kid without a regular income, it was very much a consideration and a necessity to set aside money for games. Thankfully as an adult paying for the few games that I want to play doesn't require special planning.

If you have access to more funds that making games purchase expenses wouldn't be any issue, then it's quite easy for you to do so. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I put my mark buying 5-7 games in a year I don't cross that mark when it comes to purchasing games every calenders due to my financial strength. 

That's definitely a very good way to curtail any kind of excessive spending on video games no matter how pressured you are. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's definitely a very good way to curtail any kind of excessive spending on video games no matter how pressured you are. 

Yeah, when you make such kind of budget work according to your finance, and spend on lesser products to save funds, 

Funds you'll need in the future.