Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you get fatigued by some types of games faster than others?

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's not worth it mate - just stop playing Fifa. It'll save you lots of time, money and your sanity. I've had friends who destroyed expensive TVs and monitors because of Fifa and completely regretted it when they calmed down.

To be very honest with you, I would really have hated myself more if I had destroyed my console controller as a result of the game. 

On 11/20/2021 at 7:12 PM, killamch89 said:

It's not worth it mate - just stop playing Fifa. It'll save you lots of time, money and your sanity. I've had friends who destroyed expensive TVs and monitors because of Fifa and completely regretted it when they calmed down.

He already made the decision to stop playing FIFA games and I kind of support him fully. I might join him on that soon. 

The origin of popular gaming back in arcades was artificial padding. They were hard because they wanted more quarters which meant more time playing. Games are a time-demanding hobby and these threads are the result of an aging core demographic, but if woodworking was the main popular hobby of this generation, you’d see tons of threads of people saying they don’t have enough time for that either.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

He already made the decision to stop playing FIFA games and I kind of support him fully. I might join him on that soon. 

Personally, I don't really care much about FIFA and their games anymore and I hope others see through them soon enough and follow suit. 

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

Try playing serious sam second encounter, ziguarat map. it's so sick map that graphics would make you quit the game.

Game's good graphics is a very big thing for me, if it's not at least on average note good in the game I play, it's the end of the game for me. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

In most cases, fast paced games are always more energetic to play. It's why I hate it when a game is slow in its gameplay. 

This is actually why a lot of people prefer first person shooter video games because in most cases they are always fast-paced in its actions and combat system.

I tend to get fatigue in video games quite often, mainly stuff like having to collect items in games, or in modern open world games like GTA where you have to drive to an area to complete the mission. Same with Red Dead Redemption. These days I wish games were a bit quicker about how to do missions. Not in the sense of making missions quicker, but enough of the long drives to get from the start of a mission to the end of it. Why not give us a cutscene, and a place to go and that's the mission. Don't make a mission where you have to get a car, go to another spot, drive another car or vehicle and so on. It just get repetitive and tedious. 

Also, games with confusing menus. There are so many games, like The Witcher for example, that is full of menus that I just get lost in. When I first started the game years ago, I was overwhelmed by how much stuff you needed to know. It was so complex and that is partly why I haven't really picked it back up. I want to play it, but I feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you need to know how to do. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Also, games with confusing menus. There are so many games, like The Witcher for example, that is full of menus that I just get lost in. 

It's actually why I always make use of tutorials for such games because it makes it a little more easier for me to understand those menu. 

On 12/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, Boblee said:

This is actually why a lot of people prefer first person shooter video games because in most cases they are always fast-paced in its actions and combat system.

The precision that comes with first person shooting is what set it apart in my opinion. Unlike the 3rd person shooter, you get to see the target from the eye view of the character.