Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who are your favorite reviewers?

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their are so many reviewers of video games you can find at search engines which can take their time to analyse a video game you've not played before to know exactly what you need before you go on to purchase or not. 

Some gamers don't really read too much reviews about the games they purchase and they still make good decisions with their games. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some gamers don't really read too much reviews about the games they purchase and they still make good decisions with their games. 

Just few reviews are enough for such gamers, they don't need to read everything to grasp exactly what the passage is addressing around the video game. 

I don't really bother all that much with reviews anymore to be honest. I think I've started to rely more on social media reaction if anything. If a game is good, I'll see something on twitter or facebook, or see praise for weeks. 

Reviews are great, don't get me wrong. I just don't usually bother with them anymore. I just never see the point to. But that's just me, I've gotten used to public reactions showing me the way, reviewers are just a part of it. 

Facebook is the last place that I'm going to check out for any kind of gaming reaction because whatever thing that they are doing under social Media platform is not that entertaining to me, so I rather prefer making use of Discord to get any kind of reactions that I want on any video game.

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Facebook is the last place that I'm going to check out for any kind of gaming reaction because whatever thing that they are doing under social Media platform is not that entertaining to me, so I rather prefer making use of Discord to get any kind of reactions that I want on any video game.

Discord is definitely the best place for me to get game reviews and reactions from immediate gamers without wasting time at all. 

Yeah, most of the forum owners and businesses are simply using discord to promote what they are offering. So, some businesses who are into gaming, are simply using discord to the best of practice to promote video games, give reviews and recommendations. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Discord is definitely the best place for me to get game reviews and reactions from immediate gamers without wasting time at all. 

I have been a member on Discord for at least three years now but I hardly frequent there to get gaming information the way I do with making use of YouTube channels. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't get much reviews at discord, even though I am a member via different discord pages there, both in video games too. But I never really stayed closer there to get recommendation because the group is too saturated for me to be. 

Well, it depends on the kind of game's channel that you join in the application that would decide the kind of information on games that you can actually get. 

At discord their are many of the channels readily available, for gaming discussions. You can simply search for them via keyword search, or go to social media like Facebook, Twitter to join their gaming community to get updates concerning more gaming recommendations, if you feel like you need more aside here. 

9 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

At discord their are many of the channels readily available, for gaming discussions. You can simply search for them via keyword search, or go to social media like Facebook, Twitter to join their gaming community to get updates concerning more gaming recommendations, if you feel like you need more aside here. 

You don't get the kind of gaming discussion activity that you get from Discord on any other social media platform. It's pure gamers that go to discord. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You don't get the kind of gaming discussion activity that you get from Discord on any other social media platform. It's pure gamers that go to discord. 

I have discord, I joined some gaming discussion over there too. I understand what you're saying, discord is more matured due to the moderation going around the groups created by individuals. That's why it edges out social media when it comes to a well organized gaming group to discuss pure gaming reviews etc. 

2 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I have discord, I joined some gaming discussion over there too. I understand what you're saying, discord is more matured due to the moderation going around the groups created by individuals. That's why it edges out social media when it comes to a well organized gaming group to discuss pure gaming reviews etc. 

It's not even about the moderation that happens in Discord but the kind of users that joins it. They are filled with active gamers unlike what you get on Facebook. 

Just now, Heatman said:

It's not even about the moderation that happens in Discord but the kind of users that joins it. They are filled with active gamers unlike what you get on Facebook. 

I see, your presence in those video game groups at discord made you to be experienced how the community is more organized with expert gamers. 

34 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I see, your presence in those video game groups at discord made you to be experienced how the community is more organized with expert gamers. 

Just like here on VGR where we have active gamers chipping in updates all the time, it's more on Discord with the game information flow by hundreds of active users.