Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games where you can set your enemies on one another

I'm starting to remember one, wasn't there a dart in one of the Assassin's Creed games where you can get have one of the enemies attack one of their own. Yes I think it was III and Black Flag. Maybe even Syndicate or all of them. But yeah, there was a dart or knife you can throw at enemies and when struck, they will attack the person nearest to them. They won't attack civilians, just their own. But, they will still attack you if they see you. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm starting to remember one, wasn't there a dart in one of the Assassin's Creed games where you can get have one of the enemies attack one of their own. Yes I think it was III and Black Flag. Maybe even Syndicate or all of them. But yeah, there was a dart or knife you can throw at enemies and when struck, they will attack the person nearest to them. They won't attack civilians, just their own. But, they will still attack you if they see you. 

Yeah, it was something that was very peculiar in Assassin’s Creed games. Most gamers used it, in fact it's part of the reason why some still consider their games to be easy. 

On 1/21/2022 at 5:51 PM, Kane99 said:

It's a technique that was used very well in most Assassin's Creed games which bags the question for me, why is that so? Like you can't defeat the enemies without making them kill themselves for you.. 😂

There is a way you get to get enemies attack each other in Elden Ring but it's not something they do knowing as you would have to bait them to do it when trying to get you but in the end, accidentally take out their mates. 

Suprised nobody mentioned watch dogs 2 who probably makes to best use out it in any game mentioned so far well imho.

You can hack somebody's phone and have them arrested or you can mark somebody as a traitor to a certain gang and they come and shoot at the person. Kinda funny that even without your direct involvement gangs sometimes go to war with eachother or the police. 

There is something satisfying that you set up policeman to a gang and they come and fight with the police, while you are behind a fence or on a rooftop being a spectator. One thing i had a police officer arrest another police officer and they started shooting at each other, then i swooped into the forbidden zone for that skill point and nobody saw a damn thing.

Just now, Yaramaki said:

Suprised nobody mentioned watch dogs 2 who probably makes to best use out it in any game mentioned so far well imho.

You can hack somebody's phone and have them arrested or you can mark somebody as a traitor to a certain gang and they come and shoot at the person. Kinda funny that even without your direct involvement gangs sometimes go to war with eachother or the police. 

There is something satisfying that you set up policeman to a gang and they come and fight with the police, while you are behind a fence or on a rooftop being a spectator. One thing i had a police officer arrest another police officer and they started shooting at each other, then i swooped into the forbidden zone for that skill point and nobody saw a damn thing.

I have been meaning to play that game for a while now. It's already in my PS4 and not like I would still have to get it. I do need to work on sorting out some games and make them a priority. I think the hacking of phone thing is something I'm going to like a lot. 

In PS2 era of GTA S.A my friends used cheats to control the NPCs fighting against each other. The police weren't attaching my friend's character, instead they attached themselves. But it's awful indeed, I see no joy in doing, since it doesn't draw any meaning, it deviates from being called a video game. 

On 12/31/2021 at 7:57 PM, StaceyPowers said:

In TLOU: Left Behind and TLOU 2, there are parts where you can set your enemies on each other. What are some other games that feature a similar mechanic?

That's what I would have brough up. Doing that was so fun, especially in Left Behind and you couldn't do that in the main game.

On 4/10/2022 at 6:16 PM, Heatman said:

It's a technique that was used very well in most Assassin's Creed games which bags the question for me, why is that so? Like you can't defeat the enemies without making them kill themselves for you.. 😂

It's useful if you are in stealth mode and you don't want to bring the whole village down on you because civilians can turn on you too. Plus if you got a couple bounty hunters on your trail, last thing you want to do is fight 10 soldiers, 5 civilians, and 3 bounty hunters. Unless of course you want to oil down and sharpen your blade with blood and bones. 

On 4/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, Heatman said:

I have been meaning to play that game for a while now. It's already in my PS4 and not like I would still have to get it. I do need to work on sorting out some games and make them a priority. I think the hacking of phone thing is something I'm going to like a lot. 

Well you should, i also skipped out on it the first time around. It was because @Kane99 kept being saying good words about it, i gave it another chance and i'm glad i did, really enjoying the game so far. I'm usually the gun blazing type but man sneaking into a building and not fucking up feels so rewarding.

8 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Well you should, i also skipped out on it the first time around. It was because @Kane99 kept being saying good words about it, i gave it another chance and i'm glad i did, really enjoying the game so far. I'm usually the gun blazing type but man sneaking into a building and not fucking up feels so rewarding.

Going in stealth mode is fun especially when you do it perfectly. It's one thing that I love about Hitman series too. I'm going to give the game and try again and see how it works out. 

In Days Gone there are several ways to pit zombies against human enemies or against each other. You could shoot them with a berserk arrow and they will attack whoever. Or you could throw an attractor around humans which is a really loud noise that attracts the zombies. And you can watch a group of armed men shoot it out with a bunch of zombies running after them. And the more gun sounds they make, the more zombies come. You can even shoot a bear with a berserk dart and it'll attack zombies. I miss playing that game.