Register Now
StaceyPowers

What job simulator games do you think should exist?

Police simulation to understand things that go wrong in the killings of civilians especially those of color. 

Thinking on it, there should be a job simulation for all jobs. It could be something to play at home if a kid or adult has an interest in something. I had no direction in life and maybe simulation games can replace lost aptitude that parents fail at nurturing. 

On 1/31/2022 at 2:09 AM, killamch89 said:

This is a tough one - maybe a politician simulator game so that we can run the country fairly instead of prioritizing the rich at the expense of the poor.

I would definitely like that kind of politician simulator games because I feel that these politicians needs to see how gamers want them to be played in how to do their jobs. 

On 1/30/2022 at 5:29 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Police simulation to understand things that go wrong in the killings of civilians especially those of color. 

Thinking on it, there should be a job simulation for all jobs. It could be something to play at home if a kid or adult has an interest in something. I had no direction in life and maybe simulation games can replace lost aptitude that parents fail at nurturing. 

I would definitely choose job simulation games over police 👮 simulation. Police isn't really my favorite subject. I hate having anything to do with them. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

They already have a police simulator game, a firefighter Sim, and a bunch of others. A lot of them are probably awful lol. But I think some go for realism and are fun. Just depends on what you're looking for. 

How about the judicial system simulator game? Have they made anything close to that? 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Here is one of my favorite police simulation game on PlayStation 4. There are ones for mobile phones too. 

This looks nice. I'm going to check it on my PS4 and if it's good for the price, I can simply get and try it out. 

These simulator games never appealed to me because they all have the same problem.

I've talked very recently about how video games should be considered as entertainment media and should be allowed to offer the same varied experiences to all sorts of people, but the interactive nature of the platform dose make them different. Rather than being a pure observer, a video game (or at least any good video game) grants you the chance to fantasize at being someone else, more specifically the very someone else in that game's story or situation. I call it the empowerment factor. If a game fails to do that, then it fails full stop.

Now, a game does not have to be a based on a fantasy to make this work. Who doesn't dream of being the F1 World Champion, winning the Superbowl, being the main event at Wrestlemania or winning the Champions League? Even though those things are real, they are still the dreams and fantasies of millions, if not billions of people.

That is the base appeal of simulation games. To be someone or achieve something that you won't in real life. This is fairly straightforward in the aforementioned sport simulation games or fantasy based games, but it's much harder to do this when they simulate a job. You know, the kind of job people do because they get paid for it! Who would then pay money to do that very thing? Even if it is the kind of job a kid dreams of being like a policeman, firefighter or even a pilot, the reality rarely lives up to the fantasy, if ever.

So game developers can do one of two things. Lean towards the fantasy within the real life occupation, or focus on making it as real as possible, a true simulation. You can't please both crowds.

So I don't see the point in these sim games. To work as a video game, they can either deliver a boring, disappointing dose of reality, or an unrealistic fantasy that would be called called out immediately by the hardcore crowd. Maybe there is an appeal to them that I just don't get, but I can't think of any reason why they could really have mass appeal.

Edited by Shagger