Register Now
Family sedan

I bought a new Switch.

12 hours ago, Family sedan said:

For $369 USD (Virginia sales tax factored in) I bought a Switch.  No pictures yet, but they're coming.  I only bought one game, WRC 8 and I already really like it.  My Switch nickname is Celtic Fan.

Welcome to the Switch family, Celtic Fan! Now is the time to get your hands on it and play games as you wish.

I didn't even realise that it had WRC 8 on the Nintendo Switch. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it. I've been contemplating getting one because it would be fun to have a handheld console but I've been reluctant to buy it because of the price. 

Congrats. I want to get a switch one of these days, but I'm so cheap and don't want to spend too much. Maybe after I get through my taxed and get those back, but I honestly don't know if I want to spend that much cash. Plus I want to get a PS5 and Xbox Series X, and that's going to be a challenge due to my cheapness. 😄 

41 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's awesome mate - you should try to get the Nintendo subscription so you can download some games as well.

Im going to disagree on that , Nintendo's online service is not worth it, its too expensive and you are better of emulating the free games which are only a few NES, SNES, Sega genesis and n64 games. 

11 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Im going to disagree on that , Nintendo's online service is not worth it, its too expensive and you are better of emulating the free games which are only a few NES, SNES, Sega genesis and n64 games. 

I disagree. There's a lot of NES, SNES games available to play from the Online service. I haven't seen what Sega or N64 has to offer, as I only got to see what my nephew had via the NES/SNES side. How much is the Nintendo Online anyways? 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I disagree. There's a lot of NES, SNES games available to play from the Online service. I haven't seen what Sega or N64 has to offer, as I only got to see what my nephew had via the NES/SNES side. How much is the Nintendo Online anyways? 

$3.99 a month, $7.99 for three months, or $19.99 for a year. A Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscription costs $49.99 for a year. If you are just looking to get this just for the free games then its not worth it, since you can might as well emulate all the games available on the service and more for free on any cheap phone or laptop. But if you are into online gaming then its worth it but then again he did mentioned that he only has game so far WRC 8, so for me the service is not worth it unless he is planning on spending his time playing online multiplayers.

35 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I second that. I had signed up for it, and it was just not worth the money. The service is just horrible, and playing the old games emulated to a new console left me feeling empty. Nostalgia is extremely important for me. So I just unsubscribed, and stick to the games that were intended for Switch. or are multi-platform for the consoles of today.

Thanks for the advice guys.  I'll stick to WRC 8 for now.  I think I'm at level 8 experience already.  My gaming life right now is alternating between GT6 on my PS3 and WRC 8 on my Switch.  I'm happy with the game, but I'm hoping to join a new race team soon it.  I'm just not a fan of the Ford Fiesta.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's awesome mate - you should try to get the Nintendo subscription so you can download some games as well.

That's one of the first things that he is expected to have done. Having access to lots of games is crucial for any gamer.