Register Now
Prof elohstar

NEED FOR SPEED.

9 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Is this game available on Playstation 2? If yes, I will have to check it out and see what's happening on it.

Yes. NEED FOR SPEED is available on PlayStation 2. You will enjoy the ps2 version more than the pS1. Go check it out if you can.

20 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Yes. NEED FOR SPEED is available on PlayStation 2. You will enjoy the ps2 version more than the pS1. Go check it out if you can.

I think the absolute highlight of the need for speed series was during the ps2 area, you had underground 1 and 2 which at the time meanly captured on the Fast and furious craze but damn 17-18 year old me spent way too much time on both of those games i'd say these games are still worth a play these days. Man Tuned cars were the thing amongst young adults back then, oh how time has changed.

Most wanted is a classic imo aswell but you should play that version on the 360 as it is much much better then the ps2 version

22 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Thanks for the information. I will definitely check it out so that I can be able to play the kind of games that I like.

14 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Thanks for the information. I will definitely check it out so that I can be able to play the kind of games that I like.

Need for Speed series especially Most Wanted is my favorite till date. There is Hot Pursuit on Nintendo Switch. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Need for Speed series especially Most Wanted is my favorite till date. There is Hot Pursuit on Nintendo Switch. 

Hot Pursuit on Nintendo Switch has been one of my favorite. If you owned the switch, there is a possibility that you must have played it for a while. 

It's a shame to see what has happened to the Need for Speed series recently. It's just not as good as the previous games in the series which is awful to see. We need more exciting street racing games since we only really have Forza Horizon as the best one.

2 minutes ago, Darth said:

It's a shame to see what has happened to the Need for Speed series recently. It's just not as good as the previous games in the series which is awful to see. We need more exciting street racing games since we only really have Forza Horizon as the best one.

Yeah they need to make an Underground remake and they also need to get rid of the microtransactions, thats the problem with every needs for speed game in the last generation, they all have microtransaction, I dont care if there is DLC but we need to get rid of that practice all toguether and go back to the roots

Going on series of remake of same games, is a thing I don't take joy seeing. I've seen lots of game remakes whose original version is better off. I don't think it will be wise choice for NFS to go into such. It will be better to create a new game overall. 

26 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Going on series of remake of same games, is a thing I don't take joy seeing. I've seen lots of game remakes whose original version is better off. I don't think it will be wise choice for NFS to go into such. It will be better to create a new game overall. 

I disagree, there are a lot of remakes that improve on the original, for example the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes where incredible, specially the RE2 remake. Or the Final Fantasy 7 remake which is graphically stunning. And I can go on and on about the many actual good remakes that have been made in last 5 years alone. A remake will not always make the game worse. As for the Need for Speed franchise they have gone through the New game choice for a long time now and obviusly that is not working at all, so I will say their best move is to go for a remake of their best franchises either Underground or Most wanted.

How important is the need for a remake, when they have the option to move completely to a new game and build it perfectly? I prefer seeing new environment, improved gameplay and graphics in a modernized way, and not seeing an old game being on a remake. 

7 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

How important is the need for a remake, when they have the option to move completely to a new game and build it perfectly? I prefer seeing new environment, improved gameplay and graphics in a modernized way, and not seeing an old game being on a remake. 

They already did that, on this generation alone they released 4 different brand new Need For Speed games, NFS Rivals, NFS 2015, NFS Payback (the worst of all) and NFS Heat . And while some of them were better than others none of those 4 "New games" made it to the heights of Underground or Most Wanted in terms of gameplay. They all had better graphics and new eviroments but that didnt save them from being less than average games. 

And when I say Remake I dont mean remaster thats two different things. Remaster is the same exact game just with better graphics like what they did with GTA trilogy, a Remake is whole overhaul of the game like what they did with the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remake. Thats why Im saying that we need a Remake of Underground or Most Wanted since those old games the originals are much better than the recent games and that says a lot.

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They already did that, on this generation alone they released 4 different brand new Need For Speed games, NFS Rivals, NFS 2015, NFS Payback (the worst of all) and NFS Heat . And while some of them were better than others none of those 4 "New games" made it to the heights of Underground or Most Wanted in terms of gameplay. They all had better graphics and new eviroments but that didnt save them from being less than average games. 

And when I say Remake I dont mean remaster thats two different things. Remaster is the same exact game just with better graphics like what they did with GTA trilogy, a Remake is whole overhaul of the game like what they did with the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remake. Thats why Im saying that we need a Remake of Underground or Most Wanted since those old games the originals are much better than the recent games and that says a lot.

Interesting to digest your well taken comment. All you've said here should be considered by the NFS devs, if only they'll hear you. The most wanted and the underground is the better options amongst any other. I love the most wanted more, that's the only option I've played more. Seeing their complete overhauling which is through their remake gonna make sense a lot.