Register Now
Lens

Xbox series S has a memory constraint

Xbox, a console that was enjoyed by many gamers  recently faced a constraint that isn't CPU, GPU related on its S series. Rather, the developers were encountering a memory  constraint on the Xbox series S . Many developers were having difficulties in making games for the console.

I can't say I'm surprised to see this happen. I was worried that the Xbox Series S's lack of muscle might lead to compatibility problems with games further into this generation. However, to be honest, I didn't think it would happen quite this soon. That make just makes this more worrying. I can actually picture people using Xbox's game streaming service on the Series S to play new games because they have to.

Their is no way I could have gotten this type of information, because I don't own an Xbox series S, and such wouldn't make me concentrate in making deeper researches like this one. If that's the case, then it means for other users to wait for the supply of X version to be up and running again. I believe that one's storage wouldn't be limited like it's lookalike. 

On 5/18/2022 at 4:51 PM, Shagger said:

I can't say I'm surprised to see this happen. I was worried that the Xbox Series S's lack of muscle might lead to compatibility problems with games further into this generation. However, to be honest, I didn't think it would happen quite this soon. That make just makes this more worrying. I can actually picture people using Xbox's game streaming service on the Series S to play new games because they have to.

I'm curious as to how this will be addressed because they'll have to compensate Series S users if this isn't sorted out. Will they give them free Series Xs? (Doesn't sound like something Microsoft would seriously consider unless under court order or something) or will the just offer a refund?

On 5/18/2022 at 10:51 PM, Shagger said:

If this isn't a big turnoff in the part of Microsoft for not developing their Xbox series s console with a more expandable memory to serve for both present and future games.

For those of us with the Xbox series s we can just stick  to enjoying the Games already made available now.