Register Now
Lens

Elden Ring is overhyped

On 5/30/2022 at 7:46 PM, Clasher said:

xD, it wasn't designed to be a smooth ride, so the developers added some bumps along the way to spice it up and peak the interest of gamers , so frustrating is actually a good word to describe a game that requires you put in your best  to pass a level.

Some of the bosses are ridiculously hard to fight - For instance, Dragonlord Placidusax is ridiculously hard especially when he releases the plasma attack. If one of them catch you with anything less than full life, you're normally dead or at something like 10 hp.

I searched for Elden ring mobile, but couldn't find it on Google play store. I don't think it is available on play store, maybe it's available on iOS, I don't use iOS device either. I have Elden ring only on console, I wouldn't hesitate to play it if I get the chance to play it. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

This is how I laugh at gamers that waste their time playing Elden Ring on mobile phones. Why would I put myself through that horrible experience? 

tenor.gif

It's very funny how they felt it's going to be the same thing with what's experienced in playing the game on consoles. It's no where near the same thing a bit. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Some of the bosses are ridiculously hard to fight - For instance, Dragonlord Placidusax is ridiculously hard especially when he releases the plasma attack. If one of them catch you with anything less than full life, you're normally dead or at something like 10 hp.

When I got to that level it actually took me some few hours to defeat Dragonlord placidusax but after the first try I did that in barely a few minutes. I fight from a distance I just go back and forth while launching my attack so I could avoid been hit by the plasma attack and ultimately defeat the boss.

12 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It's very funny how they felt it's going to be the same thing with what's experienced in playing the game on consoles. It's no where near the same thing a bit. 

I know very well that there are some games that you shouldn't bother about playing on mobile phones even if they are available on it. If you played such games on mobile phones first, you will hate it so much you wouldn't like to play it on even PC or consoles. 

It's true that there was so much hype about Elden Ring before it was released on February 25, 2002. But being that I have started playing the game as well, I'd say that it's lived up to the expectations. Elden Ring is arguably the best Soul's game released today, although some gamers are of the opinion that Dark Souls 3 is better. 

I feel the hype was warranted, wasn't elden ring considered a game of the year contender after it released? It being made by the dark souls guy really helped as well. Plus the dude who wrote the song of ice and fire books was involved. Whoever wasn't hyped was crazy lol. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Kane99 said:

I feel the hype was warranted, wasn't elden ring considered a game of the year contender after it released? It being made by the dark souls guy really helped as well. Plus the dude who wrote the song of ice and fire books was involved. Whoever wasn't hyped was crazy lol. 

It turned out that the game was the most hyped game of the year and it didn't stop there because it's become of a most successful when it comes to its number of sales. At the moment, it's sold over 13.4 millions units sold in a short period of time when compared to the years it took other Soul's games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro to reach. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Kane99 said:

Those facts is enough to you all hyped up and seriously anticipating its release.

I gave played quite a good number of soul games from Bloodborne to dark souls and I am getting into sekiro soon enough.

Though dark souls and bloodborne are good and the difficulty level is to the roof Elden ring still beats them to gameplay in my opinion.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:53 PM, Kane99 said:

I always feel like people use overhyped and overrated as a synonym of “it’s popular and/or well loved and I hate it.” They always talk about how much they hate it.

People are always so baffled when I say I enjoy something and call it overrated. Like somehow you can’t have the two.

7 hours ago, Grungie said:

I always feel like people use overhyped and overrated as a synonym of “it’s popular and/or well loved and I hate it.” They always talk about how much they hate it.

People are always so baffled when I say I enjoy something and call it overrated. Like somehow you can’t have the two.

Spot on. I would never call Elden Ring overrated or overhyped, least of all because I haven't played and likely never will. I've had enough experience with From Software games to know that this developer just doesn't make games for me. I reserve the right to criticise them for the methods, signatures and tropes they employ as I think some of them f**king stupid (no being able to pause, lack of difficulty options, the sluggish and un-empowering combat to name a few), but I would never suggest they need to change and make games for me. If they did, it wouldn't be From Software anymore. As much as I hate thier games, I respect them as a developer enough to want them to keep making for thier fans, not me. That's the right way to do it, actually the only way to do it.

So they'll keep making games the way they do, I'll keep avoiding them because I already know I'm going to hate them, the sun will still rise in the morning, set in the evening and the tax man will harvest everything I earn in between, the way world should be.

Edited by Shagger

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

It turned out that the game was the most hyped game of the year and it didn't stop there because it's become of a most successful when it comes to its number of sales. At the moment, it's sold over 13.4 millions units sold in a short period of time when compared to the years it took other Soul's games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro to reach. 

That's the thing, it didn't really need all the hype to begin with, because it being made by the creator of Dark Souls and Bloodborne was more than enough to sell this game. Fans knew what they were getting, and it's for the most part, what they wanted. If this was by a no name studio and unknown team, I don't think there would have been as much hype. There would be some, but not on the level of what this guy gets. 

6 hours ago, Grungie said:

I agree. Games can be overhyped in the sense that everyone expects something to happen, and it doesn't go the way they expect. For example, Cyberpunk 2077. I personally like the game, but the hype made it bigger than what it was. 

I enjoy Call of Duty to some extent, and GTA V, but I would say they are highly over-rated franchises, imo. I feel this way mainly because I'm tired, all played out on these franchises these days. They don't give me the excitement like the older GTA and Call of Duty games did. Anyway, I'm going off topic, I'll end it there lol.