Register Now
DC

Would you rather make a phone call or send a text?

Would you rather make a phone call or send a text?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather make a phone call or send a text?

• Phone Call
    • Text
    • Depends on the circumstance

What's your preference for communications?

I prefer to make phone calls for just about everything, whether it be for family, friends, a significant other, or business. Texting conversations are often dragged out and it can take hours and/or multiple messages back and forth for a simple conversation to take place. When I was younger I enjoyed texting, now I absolutely dread it tbh.

I prefer text because with my experiences people on the phone usually talk a lot, plus it’s even worse when they are under the influence of alcohol which all my friends and family are all drunks. My Italian grandma literally never stops to take a breath before jumping into another conversation. What can I do except set the phone down and go about my business. 15 min later she’s still blabbering and never knew I was gone. Lol. At least with texts we can respond whenever we want. I literally never answer calls anymore. Only check voicemail. I also get headaches if I talk on the phone too long. And I hate listening to people eat over the phone. It’s disgusting. 

Unless it’s work related, I only really call my family on the phone. For texts, it’s only things I don’t need an immediate answer for.

At work, I either call them, or walk over to them if I need to talk, as it’s usually something I want an immediate answer for. Email and Microsoft Teams doesn’t cut it a lot of the time.

I typically prefer text. I hate having to deal with someone over the phone. Too many people leave out the biggest part of a phone call, which is the ability to punch them through the speaker. With text, if it's someone that you didn't want to deal with in the first place, you can just delete it without reading it, and then pretend you never got it. Kinda hard for a person to do that if your hands are wrapped around their throat.

I hate calls. It's the very last thing I would like to get into. If I stay on any call for more than 2 minutes, my ears would be aching me. I rather text or chat all day than make calls. You can send me voice notes on chat but never call me. 

My grandperants do still, they can do both but they rather just talk to them on the phone rather then reading and texting. Regards to me, I'm aren't fussed. Depends at the end of the day. text are alright to send information fast and to and from, but it's just as fast to call them speak and do it that way

I can still do both at anytime depending on the circumstances. There are days when I ain't even in the mode for conversation so I use texting if I have an important message I need to pass across. Some days I just want to have a conversation over the phone call and texting wouldn't be too satisfying.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, Aniekwe said:

It's all about the the nature of the discussion or conversation. If it's something that's very serious, I can't do it with chatting or texting. A call would be the best way to go about it. 

Most of my friends already know that I'm not into calls. My smartphone can stay one week and not a single call would come in. It's only my mother that I have an exception for calls. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Most of my friends already know that I'm not into calls. My smartphone can stay one week and not a single call would come in. It's only my mother that I have an exception for calls. 

In this life, we always have one person that we make an exception for all our rules and principles and I'm not surprised that your mother takes that spot on your own. Who can say no to his or her mother especially when they are lovable? 

On 6/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, Empire said:

My grandperants do still, they can do both but they rather just talk to them on the phone rather then reading and texting. Regards to me, I'm aren't fussed. Depends at the end of the day. text are alright to send information fast and to and from, but it's just as fast to call them speak and do it that way

I think that older people are more into calls than texting or chatting because it's going to be very stressful for them to text all day when they can say what they wanted to say with ease on call. 

10 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I think that older people are more into calls than texting or chatting because it's going to be very stressful for them to text all day when they can say what they wanted to say with ease on call. 

Indded they are, but then again there are many that are old that are good at texting... It's how they learn who got them to get them into it. 

41 minutes ago, Empire said:

Indded they are, but then again there are many that are old that are good at texting... It's how they learn who got them to get them into it. 

It's true. The most part of it depends on which one that they are more used to. If they found texting easier, it's what they are going to use. My mother loves using voice notes more than calls or texting/chatting. 

Edited by Aniekwe