Register Now
Kane99

Red Dead Redemption 2 fans are planning a funeral for Red Dead Online

Source - https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/funeral-updates-online

All because it's been almost a year since any new updates have dropped for RDR2 online. We've received small things here and there, but for the most part, we haven't seen any big updates like what GTA Online gets often these days. Fans are fed up that Rockstar has pretty much dropped the ball on RDR2 online. 

I feel the same way though, because RDR2 online hasn't had much support aside from patches and such. All RS cares about is GTA Online these days. What do you guys think? Does RS care for RDR2 online? 

Due to it's success as a video game, I think Rockstar studios felt there isn't much to be added to the game anymore and I don't really see any problem with that, but adding more updates to the online mode would make it remain relevant in the game world and not just die out.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Due to it's success as a video game, I think Rockstar studios felt there isn't much to be added to the game anymore and I don't really see any problem with that, but adding more updates to the online mode would make it remain relevant in the game world and not just die out.

This is mainly for the online mode. They add new content often for GTA V online, which is a 9 year old game at this point. While RDR2 came out in 2018 I believe and should still be receiving new updates, new content, missions etc. They release some content, but it's minimal compared to what is offered GTA V. 

And I know GTA V has a bigger user base. But I still feel like RDR2 online could work better if they actually supported the game more. 

28 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

This is mainly for the online mode. They add new content often for GTA V online, which is a 9 year old game at this point. While RDR2 came out in 2018 I believe and should still be receiving new updates, new content, missions etc. They release some content, but it's minimal compared to what is offered GTA V. 

And I know GTA V has a bigger user base. But I still feel like RDR2 online could work better if they actually supported the game more. 

Rockstar has a unique method they utilize to ensure their game is a success, the offline game is quite satisfying to this very moment and I believe they have reasons why they don't put much updates for the RDR2 online version.

I mainly Played online but if you insists they need to put In more updates for the online version of the game then I am sure you got really good reasons for that.

Honestly is very dissapointing that RDR online was abandoned, I mean if they didnt wanted to bother mainting an online server they should have opted for a single player DLC mode instead. I like the online mode, but its honestly a ghost town

Aside from me hating online gaming, RDR2 Online was a bad idea from the start. It was heavily different than the story mode, and it just felt like there was nothing to do, thus nothing to accomplish. @Rain Dew tried it for a while, and when I watched her play it, there was just nothing. It was completely pointless. Also the mere thought of gaming online literally makes me sick to my stomach. If it's your thing, more power to you. But personally I want to throw up .

50 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Aside from me hating online gaming, RDR2 Online was a bad idea from the start. It was heavily different than the story mode, and it just felt like there was nothing to do, thus nothing to accomplish. @Rain Dew tried it for a while, and when I watched her play it, there was just nothing. It was completely pointless. Also the mere thought of gaming online literally makes me sick to my stomach. If it's your thing, more power to you. But personally I want to throw up .

Yeah with the constant grind it takes to get anywhere in the online mode, really isn't worth it. If it wasn't such a grind and had more to do, I'd be really into the online mode, but they're doing nothing with it right now. As well, riding horses to each destination becomes a chore. With GTA V it's fast, but RDR2 is a slower process and it just doesn't work the same. 

The online game is a separate entity from RDR2 and while it does have major flaws, it can be quite fun if you're into roleplaying old Western-style shootouts among other things. Not as fun as the main game but is good fun with friends.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:50 PM, The Blackangel said:

In story mode you can unlock fast travel. I can’t say for online, but it’s a great tool to have.

I don't think fast travel is an option in the mp mode. I'm aware of it in single player, but online I'm pretty sure they don't allow you to fast travel. Maybe if you're playing on passive mode or something. I know that's possible in GTA V, so I imagine they have that. Otherwise you'd probably get a warning that fast travel isn't available because of an enemy being nearby. 

I don't play online so can't comment on that but the difference between Gta and Rdr is that with gta rockstar can add all sorts of nonesense and wacky stuff to do to the point where it doesen't make any sense and it woulden't take away the experience and rockstar can get away with it because it's gta. Where in a game like Rdr rockstar is much more limited to what you they can add without taking away the realism of the game, like it wouldn't make much sense to start adding cars or boats in a western game now would it, you can only do so much bounty hunting or robberies before it gets repetitive.

3 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I don't play online so can't comment on that but the difference between Gta and Rdr is that with gta rockstar can add all sorts of nonesense and wacky stuff to do to the point where it doesen't make any sense and it woulden't take away the experience and rockstar can get away with it because it's gta. Where in a game like Rdr rockstar is much more limited to what you they can add without taking away the realism of the game, like it wouldn't make much sense to start adding cars or boats in a western game now would it, you can only do so much bounty hunting or robberies before it gets repetitive.

True, you can get a lot more creative with GTA online. But, that doesn't mean they can't get wacky with rdr2 online. Hell, give us undead nightmare 2 online. That'd draw tons of people back in. Give us the 4 horses of the apocalypse. 

RDR2 online could be crazy and wacky if rockstar wanted to. I say split the modes up. If people want realism, then they can play the standard rdr2 online. But if they want to just mess around, and do fun stuff, let there be a mode to do it. 

I could easily see it bringing people back in. I know it would for me. 

Even if they make new game, it just won't be the same. The Houser bros have left and so have Leslie Benzies and Lazlow. Basically the core team behind the GTAs are gone. I still have hopes for GTA VI, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a very generic action game.