Register Now
StaceyPowers

Series you have abandoned

I used to follow  up the mega Man series religiously back in the days but I just stopped, till this very moment I can't really give a vivid explanation why I chose not to continue with the series anymore.

Maybe because my video game interests changed after a few years and now I only like video games that are more challenging and has a good storyline to back it up.

6 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Kingdom hearts. I liked the first one but then it just got too ridiculous and BBS felt boring.

Same here mate, I played the 2004 kingdom hearts V, 2006 kingdom hearts II and then the kingdom hearts coded which was the last I played from the series and I just stopped  playing the series.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

Same here mate, I played the 2004 kingdom hearts V, 2006 kingdom hearts II and then the kingdom hearts coded which was the last I played from the series and I just stopped  playing the series.

It was much better when it was simple and clean.

3 series i have abonded :

Fifa series ->  from the 2001 onwards to 2021 it used to be a yearly tradition that i would get fifa each year. The past few years i wasen't really feeling it anymore as career mode has been the same in like forever and found myself play fifa less and less each year, the fact ea has the nerve to announce new additions into career mode, things they stripped out of fifa 10 and then claim they are new, no offence but that fuck you ea. Just when you think off it that fifa 13 is a much better game then fifa 21 says it all. The fact the career mode in fifa 10 is more in depth then in fifa 21 like really. I finally had the courage to skip fifa 22, eventough i saw it on sale for 20 bucks a few days and it's kinda tempting to get at that price and play some fifa over the summer but i probably shoulden't.

Far Cry series -> If you ask me what is your favourite Far cry game then i'm going to say the criminally underrated game Far cry primal, the only thing ubisoft did something out of box with the far cry franchise and you know it worked very well, playing as a caveman was something new and fresh the series needed. The rest of the games are just fps shooters set in an open world exotic location well for the most part, ubisoft keeps pumping out far cry games and with a lot of there franchises they should take a break and come up with something fresh. Not saying they are bad games by any means but after playing about 10 hours of the 4th game, i just had enough and started playing something else.

Lego games -> Without any doubt the best lego game is Lego city undercover it proves you don't need a license to make a great lego game and while it's wishful think that they would ditch the whole (movie) licensing and make a sequel as it had likeable characters and the humour wasen't forced like in many licensed lego games i've played in the past with references to many video game franchises. Haven't bothered with a lego game since undercover because i just don't really care that much for the licensed stuff anymore and offcourse if you played one youa have played them all as they play all the same anyway.

On 7/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, Yaramaki said:

3 series i have abonded :

Fifa series ->  from the 2001 onwards to 2021 it used to be a yearly tradition that i would get fifa each year. The past few years i wasen't really feeling it anymore as career mode has been the same in like forever and found myself play fifa less and less each year, the fact ea has the nerve to announce new additions into career mode, things they stripped out of fifa 10 and then claim they are new, no offence but that fuck you ea. Just when you think off it that fifa 13 is a much better game then fifa 21 says it all. The fact the career mode in fifa 10 is more in depth then in fifa 21 like really. I finally had the courage to skip fifa 22, eventough i saw it on sale for 20 bucks a few days and it's kinda tempting to get at that price and play some fifa over the summer but i probably shoulden't.

Far Cry series -> If you ask me what is your favourite Far cry game then i'm going to say the criminally underrated game Far cry primal, the only thing ubisoft did something out of box with the far cry franchise and you know it worked very well, playing as a caveman was something new and fresh the series needed. The rest of the games are just fps shooters set in an open world exotic location well for the most part, ubisoft keeps pumping out far cry games and with a lot of there franchises they should take a break and come up with something fresh. Not saying they are bad games by any means but after playing about 10 hours of the 4th game, i just had enough and started playing something else.

Lego games -> Without any doubt the best lego game is Lego city undercover it proves you don't need a license to make a great lego game and while it's wishful think that they would ditch the whole (movie) licensing and make a sequel as it had likeable characters and the humour wasen't forced like in many licensed lego games i've played in the past with references to many video game franchises. Haven't bothered with a lego game since undercover because i just don't really care that much for the licensed stuff anymore and offcourse if you played one youa have played them all as they play all the same anyway.

For me, it's EA and their FIFA crap, I have moved on from a long time ago and I'm very sure that there's nothing that's going to be possible to drag me back to the game, not even their new ploy or plot with EA Sports FC. The game is completely dead for me because EA doesn't have anything useful or creative/unique to add to the franchise. 

As for Far Cry, it's only Far Cry 3 that I can still get myself into playing amongst all the releases on the game. It's the only one that still have any meaning to me. 

Edited by Heatman

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

For me, it's EA and their FIFA crap, I have moved on from a long time ago and I'm very sure that there's nothing that's going to be possible to drag me back to the game, not even their new ploy or plot with EA Sports FC. The game is completely dead for me because EA doesn't have anything useful or creative/unique to add to the franchise. 

As for Far Cry, it's only Far Cry 3 that I can still get myself into playing amongst all the releases on the game. It's the only one that still have any meaning to me. 

I don't get how anyone could support EA by buying yearly releases of their sports games. It's never made sense to me how they get away with releasing a brand new game each year, with barely any changes. I still play Madden from time to time, but I don't feel I need to get the newest iteration of the series when I do play. It helps having gamepass, as it gives me the option to try the newer games sometimes. 

I would give EA more of a chance, if they actually released live service NFL game instead of the yearly releases. But yeah, I doubt EA will do that, so I may as well just forget about them. I only hope one day, they won't be able to work on NFL games anymore. I'd love to see 2K take it back, or some other studio who did football games in the past. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't get how anyone could support EA by buying yearly releases of their sports games. It's never made sense to me how they get away with releasing a brand new game each year, with barely any changes. I still play Madden from time to time, but I don't feel I need to get the newest iteration of the series when I do play. It helps having gamepass, as it gives me the option to try the newer games sometimes. 

I would give EA more of a chance, if they actually released live service NFL game instead of the yearly releases. But yeah, I doubt EA will do that, so I may as well just forget about them. I only hope one day, they won't be able to work on NFL games anymore. I'd love to see 2K take it back, or some other studio who did football games in the past. 

It's all thanks to the fact that they don't have any viable competitors in the football game franchise which is why they keep doing this same shit over and over again without facing much backlash from their fans/gamers.

So, their fans blindly follow them no matter what garbage they throw out for them all in the name release. EA would never go ahead with what you're proposing in releasing a Live Service NFL, their greedy wouldn't let them. 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, NightmareFarm said:

It was much better when it was simple and clean

I really don't have any reason why I abandoned it but at some point with persona series , Hades and. Bloodborne I just got  interested In other RPG's and gradually kingdom hearts became dormant. 

On 7/10/2022 at 11:42 AM, Empire said:

Walking the dead series games, I end up not even getting the first game complated XD And there are so many of them. Another is Battlefields, end up not buying every single game that is out there. 

I couldn't even complete watching the TV series of it and it was the same outcome with the video game's series. At one point, I couldn't keep up with both the TV series and video games. I just lost interest and moved on from them. The same thing happened to me with Heroes.