Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is gaming the best stress relief?

24 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, Unpacking is pure beauty. If you noticed, it's the number one on my list, it beats every other relaxing video games that I have played on that selection. 

Stardew Valley is another one that I forget to add to the list too. It's very good as well. 

I loved it. It was so simple, yet so relaxing. And I hate that I kinda got shit for being into it, because some others said it was too much of a kid game. Yeah fair, but it's still a relaxing experience that I think was worth the time I played it. 

I've yet to play Stardew Valley, but a friend of mine has suggested it to me a few times. I heard the guy who made the game, is developing a new game that's similar in style and somewhat in gameplay. And it will be multiplayer as well. 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I loved it. It was so simple, yet so relaxing. And I hate that I kinda got shit for being into it, because some others said it was too much of a kid game. Yeah fair, but it's still a relaxing experience that I think was worth the time I played it. 

I've yet to play Stardew Valley, but a friend of mine has suggested it to me a few times. I heard the guy who made the game, is developing a new game that's similar in style and somewhat in gameplay. And it will be multiplayer as well. 🙂 

Everyone is free to have their opinion on anything. As for those that think this Unpacking is kidish, they are entitled to say that but it doesn't change anything for me. Hell, some people are even of the same opinion that it's kids that play video games generally. I'm just hearing about that new development on making something new like Stardew Valley. I'm going to dig into it. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Everyone is free to have their opinion on anything. As for those that think this Unpacking is kidish, they are entitled to say that but it doesn't change anything for me. Hell, some people are even of the same opinion that it's kids that play video games generally. I'm just hearing about that new development on making something new like Stardew Valley. I'm going to dig into it. 

Oh for sure. I have nothing against anyone who thinks it's for kids or doesn't like it. In reality it's for everyone. I found it refreshing. Plus, there is a bit of a story there, and it kinda made me sad, because the story is essentially you, growing up, moving to a new house, into a new room, going to college, buying your first house, etc. And if I remember correctly, it ends when you're an adult and married with a kid and so on. It essentially runs through life, and it is kinda depressing, but also heartwarming because it shows a little life here and there. 

If you like something simple, and doesn't force you to do anything a certain way (well kinda as you have to find the correct locations for everything), then you'll like this game. 

On 8/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, Justin11 said:

That's the best indeed, no matter what I keep enjoying if I don't have that six hours sleeping time, stress wouldn't be relieved. I'll feel dizzy all day and illness will breakthrough due to lack of adequate rest. 

Even though I don't get to sleep much because I can't remember the last time I slept more than 4 hours every day, the little sleep have always works like a charm for me. When I'm due for it, there's nothing that can keep from getting it and once I'm done with it, the relief I have is always soothing. 

31 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Even though I don't get to sleep much because I can't remember the last time I slept more than 4 hours every day, the little sleep have always works like a charm for me. When I'm due for it, there's nothing that can keep from getting it and once I'm done with it, the relief I have is always soothing. 

It has turned to a routine sleeping hour for you. At times I don't get to sleep up to four hours in a day. It depends on the kind of job I'm doing for that day. Their are extra demanding gigs that can keep me awake, and also fantastic game can keep me awake long through the night. 

I find that video games relieve a lot of my stress and anxiety. For a while there during the pandemic the need to shoot at people in Fortnite scratched some sort of weird itch I had going on. Now I play more of the cozy games. There's one I want but the content disturbs me a little. Since I don't agree with the views in the game I'm not sure I wanna bother with it. I have a few adventure games but I prefer the cozy games over those. 

On 9/26/2022 at 2:12 AM, runswithspatulas said:

I find that video games relieve a lot of my stress and anxiety. For a while there during the pandemic the need to shoot at people in Fortnite scratched some sort of weird itch I had going on. Now I play more of the cozy games. There's one I want but the content disturbs me a little. Since I don't agree with the views in the game I'm not sure I wanna bother with it. I have a few adventure games but I prefer the cozy games over those. 

Gaming is great to take ones mind off of things. It doesn't always work for me, but gaming has helped me keep my mind off of many life problems, or at least temporarily. The pandemic was a big problem when it came to stress. I was stressed quite a bit, but gaming, movies, tv, helped me through it. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Gaming is great to take ones mind off of things. It doesn't always work for me, but gaming has helped me keep my mind off of many life problems, or at least temporarily. The pandemic was a big problem when it came to stress. I was stressed quite a bit, but gaming, movies, tv, helped me through it. 

Animal Crossing New Horizons was the only thing that kept me sane....besides having a couple drinks every night. LOL

On 9/27/2022 at 10:08 AM, Kane99 said:

I'd have to mostly agree with you on that - the pandemic caused many of us a lot of stress but gaming played a major part in keeping me relaxed throughout it all.