Register Now
Techno

Xbox Museum

Yeah that is pretty cool. I'm really liking the presentation with it so far. Kinda takes a while to load for me, but I guess that is intended for what it is. Still though, I think it would be even cooler if they made a real museum you could go to in person. I'd be really into that. 

I was super in a haste, I wasn't patient enough for the timer to round up to open the main page, I exited. I'll watch that when I'm feeling warm and energetic. To be frank, it's reasonable indeed to find that Xbox introduced a museum to keep it's history of games. 

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I was super in a haste, I wasn't patient enough for the timer to round up to open the main page, I exited. I'll watch that when I'm feeling warm and energetic. To be frank, it's reasonable indeed to find that Xbox introduced a museum to keep it's history of games. 

Setting aside what is a complete lack of patience that you can't wait a few seconds for a webpage to load, I don't understand why you bothered to comment on this before you even checked out what it was. Why wouldn't you hold off on replying until you had the time to check it out more thoroughly? That's what I did. I wanted to check it out, but couldn't immediately remember my Microsoft password to acces the "My Museum" section, so I decided put it off until I could remember it. This from you, however, is about as pointless a reply to thread that I have ever seen. It's not like I expect you to kiss an OP's ass (in this case that being @Techno), but I think people who post on VGR deserve more from people who reply to thier threads than for people to say;

25 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I could not be bothered to check out the link you posted @Techno and thus literally know nothing about it and have nothing to add, but I'll comment on it anyway.

How many am I going to have to tell you that if you have nothing to say, then say nothing until you do have something to say. Or perhaps this is deliberate, going back into post farming habit again? I don't know what your problem is, but between thought and action there is a realm of common sense begging for your acquaintance.

Sorry about this @Techno, I'll come back to this thread with more on this when I've have more of a chance to check it out.

Anyway, did long into it only to find the message "Play more games to unlock my museum."

Angry Horse GIF

Still, the thing is pretty cool, and impressive for a browser based interface with a fully 3D areas to explore and some cool articles to read.

One more thing, can somebody more well versed on Xbox than me tell me what the hell this frying pan is about?

image_2022-10-11_033251204.thumb.png.d5040ac28329c7ba0d4a0f540a88b6eb.png

Edited by Shagger

15 hours ago, Shagger said:

Anyway, did long into it only to find the message "Play more games to unlock my museum."

Angry Horse GIF

Still, the think is pretty cool, and impressive for a browser based interface with a fully 3D areas to explore and some cool articles to read.

One more thing, can somebody more well versed on Xbox than me tell me what the hell this frying pan is about?

image_2022-10-11_033251204.thumb.png.d5040ac28329c7ba0d4a0f540a88b6eb.png

I think it might have something to do with PubG, but I'm not 100% sure. The helmet looks similar to the Pubg helmet in some of the promos. Not quite sure why as I don't think PubG is affiliated with MS or Xbox aside from it being playable on Xbox. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I wasn't a fan. It was slow, and seriously lacking any worthwhile substance. Figuring out how to move the character is impossible. No matter what you click on, absolutely nothing happens.

It was nothing more than a complete waste of time building it, when it's not even interactive.

Worked perfectly fine for me. I used WASD to move around in combination with the mouse. I didn't notice any issues with moving around or accessing the site either. Maybe it's something to do with your hardware? I imagine older PCs may have some trouble with this, as it's kinda like you're controlling a game. 

On 10/10/2022 at 6:14 AM, Demon_skeith said:

It's pretty impressive, Sony and Nintendo need to jump on something like this.

I don't think Sony will think towards that direction at the moment since it may not give them the type of money that they need. That company is now money driven that they care less about what gamers want.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Cool, website is loading slow and lagging for me though. I'm kind of annoyed that this wasn't released as an app or game on... Xbox. Can't view it in the browsers on my system either, much less my phone.

It might be available on the Xbox, or it could have been on the Xbox dashboard at some point, but might not longer be. I could see them listing this as an ad for people to mess around in. They've done similar things in the past with dashboard ads. Can't imagine it'd be hard to add it on Xbox either. 

The Xbox Museum is absolutely amazing, I remember when they first launched it, I went and checked it out and was amazed at how much it had in there regarding my Xbox history. Looking around it was amazing as it brought back so many memories of past gaming nights, I used to have with friends that I have now lost contact with or very rarely speak with now. I really do hope they keep this now and it stays updated so that every once in a while, we can always go back and look back at what we did and the things we played.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:25 PM, killamch89 said:

Why does it take so long to load? I mean I have pretty fast internet along with a more recent gaming laptop that's two to three years old at best. I'm sorry, I got pretty bored and left just like @Justin11.

It could also have something to do you your web browser. What kind of browser are you using? I was using chrome when I tried it, and it worked fine for me, no lag or problems. It doesn't seem like it would be a resource hog for most computers. Do you have any ad blockers or any extensions that could slow it down? Something like that could be causing issues.