Register Now
Smokey

First Playstation game you've ever played?

What was the first Playstation game you ever played? For me, it was Crash Bandicoot on the original Playstation back in 1994/1995.  I was hooked with the gameplay and was sucked into 3D gaming from that moment onward.  Which game was your first Playstation experience?

It's been more than 20 years, so I can't be sure, but it had to have been either Bushido Blade or Castlevania SOTN, both on PS1. I was always a Nintendo girl, so initially I didn't really pay much of any attention to PlayStation. I expected it to go the same way as Sega did. Stick around for a while, but ultimately fail. I felt the same towards Xbox.

How wrong I was.😋

I'm not sure. I know that my first own Playstation game was Kingdom Hearts, which I got for christmas exactly 20 years ago, along with our PS2. I touched upon it in another post somewhere but I was completely blown away by how it looked and played, since everything I had seen prior had been N64 and PS1 games, and only from when I was at  friends' houses. I'm fairly certain I've at least seen something like Spyro or Final Fantasy 7 or like Tony Hawk at a neighbours house before that though, not knowing what they were I'll keep Kingdom Hearts as my choice here to further make the memory stand out.

Man, my parents knew from nothing but the box art that it'd be something me and my brother would love, and it's probably what made me delve deeper into my biggest video game love, which is Final Fantasy. <3

Box art is what sold a lot of games in that era. People would get bored with what they had, so they would go see what was available. They would see something with art that intrigued them, so they would take a shot. More often than not, it didn't impress. But some found that gold nugget they had been hoping for. Hell, I have games in my library that I don't really like, but I still play them when nothing else is drawing me in.

But being that your first was 20 years ago, it's entirely likely that you wouldn't remember your first game. I'm not particularly sure what mine are, but the games I listed were two of the earliest I can remember. I think except for people who grew up at least on PS3, most of us won't remember.

That's a tough one to answer. When I got a PS1, my dad got it from someone who had a small collection of games. I remember opening game after game that day, it was awesome! 

Anyway, I can't say for a certain what the first game I played was. It could have been Tunnel B1, In the Hunt, Tekken, and a few others. I can't remember the exact game I played first. 

I always remember this one very well and it was because my brothers used to get annoyed with me for taking over their Playstation that they got for Christmas when they were out with friends and they would come home and find me on it and get annoyed with me lol. The very first Playstation game I played was Crash Bandicoot, used to love that game and became somewhat addicted to it lol

On 12/26/2022 at 10:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

It's been more than 20 years, so I can't be sure, but it had to have been either Bushido Blade or Castlevania SOTN, both on PS1. I was always a Nintendo girl, so initially I didn't really pay much of any attention to PlayStation. I expected it to go the same way as Sega did. Stick around for a while, but ultimately fail. I felt the same towards Xbox.

How wrong I was.😋

I can definitely see that. I'm still sore about my Sega. 😞

I remember when I first played on a PS1. It was at a neighbors house, my sister's friend to be exact. Which is funny, I forgot because I remember playing Sonic for the first time at their house too. But now I'm remembering the first time I played a PS1 wasn't the one I owned, but was our neighbors. It was Crash Bandicoot, which is probably what got me to ask my dad for a PS1 back in the day haha. But yeah, I can't believe I forgot, because it was as iconic to me as playing Sonic back then. I must've forgot about the latter and just remember Sonic. 

But yeah, Crash Bandicoot at a neighbors. I don't think there was another game I played first. 

The first Playstation game I ever played was Madden 98. My mom received a PS1 from her work since someone brought it with them on vacation. (She worked at a Super 8 Motel in the early 00's.) Since the owner never came back to retrieve it, she got to take it home and it came with a copy of Madden 98. I'm not a fan of sports games however, so shortly after I got a copy of Spyro the Dragon. I didn't have a memory card either, so I eventually got one. I remember first seeing Tomb Raider at a friends house when I was 6, but I didn't get to play it since my friend's mom thought I was too young to play. (I was six when the game came out...)

Crash Bandicoot 2! I remember that we got our PS1 on a saturday, but my parents didn't realize that we needed a memory card to save the game. We ended up leaving the console running the whole weekend until we could buy a memory card on monday. 

Goodness that would be a long time ago. It was definitely on the Playstation 1. I believe it was Need for speed, but unsure which one. I remember my dad playing the Final Fantasies and I tried them, but took a long time before I enjoyed it. I also had Spyro: Year of the Dragon, so that might have been one of the first games I played and played a LOT.