Register Now
Keranov

Toxic communities?

5 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

Smash Bros isn't even half as bad as the other FG communities lol. SF fans are extremely toxic and worship pro players whilst treating newcomers like dirt.

Definitely true. But there are some nice communities out there.

A very few of them compared to the avalanche of toxic communities we have out there today. 

On 2/16/2022 at 2:41 AM, NightmareFarm said:

Street fighter community easily. Although pretty much any FGC community is toxic. 

I never really liked playing the game Street fighter  nor did I even try to get into its community to say the least. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't even think about going to Avalanche community, due to so many series of negative remarks made about the gaming community due to its toxicity. 

Seriously mate!!! Which one is Avalanche community? I don't think there is any gaming community called that 😂.. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously mate!!! Which one is Avalanche community? I don't think there is any gaming community called that 😂.. 

You said this bro; A very few of them compared to the avalanche of toxic communities we have out there today. 

So, I thought their is one like that. My expression through chat, simply mean to avoid such toxic community, lol. 

21 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

That's fair. It can be rough playing it to start with. I have like 300-400 hours in USF4 and still a scrub lol.

300 - 400 hours in USF4 is a reasonable amount of gameplay. I never played more than 1 week in the game till date. 

1 hour ago, NightmareFarm said:

Unforuntately I merely peaked at like 1800pp for a few days and then went downhill from there lol. 

If it's something that really interests you to get into, I'm very sure that you will get back into it and do more better right... 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You said this bro; A very few of them compared to the avalanche of toxic communities we have out there today. 

So, I thought their is one like that. My expression through chat, simply mean to avoid such toxic community, lol. 

I give up 😔 on this one because there isn't much to say again here believe me. 

tenor.gif

I'm gonna add in a more niche community - the Halo competitive community, specifically Halo 3. Absolutely atrocious people on there. God forbid you get on a team with 2 or 3 man squad, because then everything will be your fault. Is your team losing? Then you're trash and costing them the game. Are you losing but you are at the top of your teams scoreboard? Then you're a statting, selfish piece of shit baiter.

39 minutes ago, Empire said:

I'm gonna add in a more niche community - the Halo competitive community, specifically Halo 3. Absolutely atrocious people on there. God forbid you get on a team with 2 or 3 man squad, because then everything will be your fault. Is your team losing? Then you're trash and costing them the game. Are you losing but you are at the top of your teams scoreboard? Then you're a statting, selfish piece of shit baiter.

I only got to play Halo Infinite recently, it seems like a good one judging by what happened with most of 2021 video games. 

I generally think the more populated a game, the worse its community will inevitably get. There are exceptions to the rule, of course: the users of Halo Waypoint, an official forum, is absolutely abhorrent to 343 Industries (the current Halo devs) and just about anyone who feels positive about Halo: Infinite. Meanwhile a lot of other Halo: Infinite sub-communities, or communities for Halo in general, seem quite fine despite it being a very popular game.

I suspect it has to do with people feeling as though their voices aren't heard as well or much, and they have to claw their way to the top for attention by any means. That their opinion is the one that truly matters most, especially more than those who have joined the community recently. You used to see it a lot in tabletop roleplaying and wargaming, not so much these days I don't think.