Register Now
Keranov

Toxic communities?

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's the challenge that makes it entertaining - I do agree that the community is quite Elitist but I can argue that a lot of gaming communities are like this. Have you ever heard Rainbow Six fans? Fifa fans probably take the cake for me though...same crap every year and yet they act like it's the best Fifa ever released.

I've said it before, but it's not the fact the games are difficulty that bothers me, it's that "trial and error" approach to the difficulty I can't stand. The controls in are too sluggish to make the challenge about still and the patterns,  exploits and weakness's of enemies to cryptic to make it about strategy. Take a game like Horizon: Zero Dawn, you get all the information you could need about the enemies with fast, fluent controls with effective, purposeful actions, but they still manged to make a challenging game. What I've I've experienced with "soulsborne" titles is nothing like that. It's "try, then die" until you figure out exactly what the game wants you to do to get through this section. I'd even go so far as to say the games aren't actually challenging. All you need to do to win is dedicate enough time to multiple attempt until you succeed, so they're a test of patience as much as anything. And what is with the "no pause" nonsense? In Nioh, I wasn't even "allowed" to  make adjustments to the graphics settings without coming under attack, it's bullshit. 

If people like those games, then good for you, but it is just not for me.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's the challenge that makes it entertaining - I do agree that the community is quite Elitist but I can argue that a lot of gaming communities are like this. Have you ever heard Rainbow Six fans? Fifa fans probably take the cake for me though...same crap every year and yet they act like it's the best Fifa ever released.

There is nothing good to write home about FIFA games as of late because EA have downgraded the game to nothingness. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I can only imagine. Those are the type of games that I just have no patience for, and I know if I played in front of a fan, they'd chew me out and try to steer me to follow their techniques and way. If I want tips, I'd ask. 

Getting forced to play in a creative way isn't for me. I like to make my own decisions, so that when things don't go my way, I can accept it. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, it toughened up a lot of kids back in the day. Nowadays, you can't even call someone a wimp or coward, that's too freaking offensive. If some people grew up in my childhood community, they'd probably cry infinitely.

When I was a kid, calling someone a pussy got a middle finger in return. People had skin that wasn't paper thin. Shit like that just rolled off our backs. Nowadays, if you look at someone they start screaming assault or harassment, or some other bullshit. people truly are pussies in today's world.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

When I was a kid, calling someone a pussy got a middle finger in return. People had skin that wasn't paper thin. Shit like that just rolled off our backs. Nowadays, if you look at someone they start screaming assault or harassment, or some other bullshit. people truly are pussies in today's world.

That's very true, with any slight thing, because would want to take advantage of the law and it's really funny these days. 

On 2/14/2022 at 9:20 AM, Boblee said:

Seriously, it's better to say away completely from them if you can't deal with their stress and frustration it comes with. 

Yes, that's why I am more engaging here, than any other online community due to how peaceful here is. When I need to converse something meaningful around video games I simply come here, because I feel safer here. 

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wholeheartedly agree - kids nowadays are like "mom, he just called a wimp...and it was very hurtful (cries on social media that he was the victim of a horrendous attack). Sometimes, I just have to laugh.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wholeheartedly agree - kids nowadays are like "mom, he just called a wimp...and it was very hurtful (cries on social media that he was the victim of a horrendous attack). Sometimes, I just have to laugh.

Seriously, I really hate it when they play the victim card. I feel like kicking their teeth in whenever they do that rubbish. 

17 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Street fighter community easily. Although pretty much any FGC community is toxic. 

I believe it. Reminds me of the people who compete in Smash Bros tournaments. The amount of people who throw fits after losing is quite amusing to me lol. 

19 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Street fighter community easily. Although pretty much any FGC community is toxic. 

From the looks of it, it seems like there are more toxic gaming communities out there than the calm friendly ones. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I believe it. Reminds me of the people who compete in Smash Bros tournaments. The amount of people who throw fits after losing is quite amusing to me lol. 

Smash Bros isn't even half as bad as the other FG communities lol. SF fans are extremely toxic and worship pro players whilst treating newcomers like dirt.

35 minutes ago, Heatman said:

From the looks of it, it seems like there are more toxic gaming communities out there than the calm friendly ones. 

Definitely true. But there are some nice communities out there.