Register Now
DylanC

Best game of the generation so far (PS4/XBox One Era)?

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Could it be a marketing strategy or promotion? Maybe to have the games generating traffic and make gamers carve it more before it's out. 

Nah, games revealed like months before release sell more than when they drag it out. Just look at MK11s sales for example. It is the highest selling fighting game of 8th gen and that was revealed like 4 months before it came out. 

Just now, NightmareFarm said:

Nah, games revealed like months before release sell more than when they drag it out. Just look at MK11s sales for example. It is the highest selling fighting game of 8th gen and that was revealed like 4 months before it came out. 

It's basically what bugs me because I know very well that when a game drags for too long, gamers lose interest just like what happened to Cyberpunk 2077. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's basically what bugs me because I know very well that when a game drags for too long, gamers lose interest just like what happened to Cyberpunk 2077. 

Yeah and that game turned out to be filled with bugs and other faults as well. It doesn't inspire much confidence in gamers when they are dragged out so long.

Just now, NightmareFarm said:

Yeah and that game turned out to be filled with bugs and other faults as well. It doesn't inspire much confidence in gamers when they are dragged out so long.

Yeah, I only had to play it just once as it was unplayable as a result of all the bugs and glitches. I got a refund on the game. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That means they're both running on a SNES platform right? I don't own any of them which you mentioned. I am a play station III user. 

That's the only way to play them unfortunately. The Wii U might be very cheap now since it came out literally 10 years ago. 

20 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

It's become the norm nowadays. Companies should really just not announce the release date until they are certain they can deliver it in that time. 

It's the shit they are doing that I never really liked at all. And it's not like it does them any good to do that but they keep doing it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's the shit they are doing that I never really liked at all. And it's not like it does them any good to do that but they keep doing it. 

It's gotten annoying as hell by now. There should be more backlash to it. I get that being a dev is hard but the simple solution is just don't announce the release date early. 

1 hour ago, NightmareFarm said:

It's gotten annoying as hell by now. There should be more backlash to it. I get that being a dev is hard but the simple solution is just don't announce the release date early. 

Sometimes I see the fans as a problem here as well because they keep adding fuel to their acts and always support them. 

22 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

That's the only way to play them unfortunately. The Wii U might be very cheap now since it came out literally 10 years ago. 

I wouldn't think of going to playing Wii U, I am simply looking to upgrading to either Switch or simply PS4 or PC Microsoft Windows at least.