Register Now
DylanC

Best game of the generation so far (PS4/XBox One Era)?

34 minutes ago, m76 said:

Then there would be two topics for "Game of the generation" Then how would you tell them apart? You really don't see that as a possible source of confusion?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't really know but it's all up to the gamers perception of the whole thing as I see it. 

8 hours ago, m76 said:

So which generation is this topic about then? Tell me, because people are randomly posting games from both last and current gen.

Geez, that's what you get for trying to be helpful and clarify things.

That's a noble enough cause, even though it felt fairly clear to me (as well most of the rest of us) that the thread is about PS4/XB1 era titles because;

1. The thread started in 2018, so there was nothing at all wrong with thread title.
  2. A forum the size of VGR would struggle to keep a conversation going about PS5 and XBox Series games going for 7 pages. Let's face it, there isn't much to talk about in terms of exclusive games for those consoles at the moment.
  3. This is kind of an extension to point 2 I admit, but this early into the lifespan of the PS5 and XBox series consoles, why would anyone make a thread in discussion of "best game of the generation so far" anyway?  I just don't see anybody doing that.
  4. Despite your claim that "people are randomly posting games from both last and current gen", I have looked through the thread and I have not seen a mention of any game (current or upcoming) that isn't on PS4 and/or XB1.

Even so, I do actually agree an edit to the thread title to make it clearer is good idea, but you're going about this all wrong. If you feel that there is something wrong and needs edited or addressed, you do not try to moderate the forum from the back seat, you report it, something you've been warned about before as it is against the rules;

backseatmod.thumb.png.7ca8c1dfbdcc5b9a6cee85ca0c75a2cc.png

I know this wasn't exactly a "conflict", but you had something you felt needed addressed by staff, but instead of reporting it or mentioning it in the "Questions and Suggestions" sub-forum, you instead talk in the thread "the moderators should do this" and "moderators should do that". There are good reasons why brining up forum issues in such a manner is so heavily discouraged. We can't address things as quickly when they're brought up like this, and that's if we even notice the request at all. I only came across it myself by casually browsing through forum, so it was just as likely I wouldn't have noticed your request to have thread title edited, it was dumb luck and nothing more that I did.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:34 AM, m76 said:

This would need to be renamed to clearly indicate which gen it's about first. Only a mod can do that.

Just because you report a post, doesn't mean there's anything malicious about that post nor is it an attempt to get anyone in trouble. It's simply saying "can a moderator take a look at this because...". Honestly, it could be 90% of the reports we get from members are them reporting thier own posts because they made a mistake and need them edited or removed. I doubt the OP would hold a grudge over a request to have threat title updated. Still, @DylanC, I will edit the threat title on assumption you would have no objections, but if you do, let me know ASAP.

So yes, I'll comply with the request and edit this threads title to make it clear that the discussion in about PS4 and XBox One games and invite either yourself or someone else to create a new thread at some point about PS5 and XBox Series consoles. All I polity ask in return is that you, @m76, please make such requests through the proper channels in future.

Edited by Shagger

58 minutes ago, Shagger said:

That's a noble enough cause, even though it felt fairly clear to me (as well most of the rest of us) that the thread is about PS4/XB1 era titles because;

1. The thread started in 2018, so there was nothing at all wrong with thread title.
  2. A forum the size of VGR would struggle to keep a conversation going about PS5 and XBox Series games going for 7 pages. Let's face it, there isn't much to talk about in terms of exclusive games for those consoles at the moment.
  3. This is kind of an extension to point 2 I admit, but this early into the lifespan of the PS5 and XBox series consoles, why would anyone make a thread in discussion of "best game of the generation so far" anyway?  I just don't see anybody doing that.
  4. Despite your claim that "people are randomly posting games from both last and current gen", I have looked through the thread and I have not seen a mention of any game (current or upcoming) that isn't on PS4 and/or XB1.

Even so, I do actually agree an edit to the thread title to make it clearer is good idea, but you're going about this all wrong. If you feel that there is something wrong and needs edited or addressed, you do not try to moderate the forum from the back seat, you report it, something you've been warned about before as it is against the rules;

backseatmod.thumb.png.7ca8c1dfbdcc5b9a6cee85ca0c75a2cc.png

I know this wasn't exactly a "conflict", but you had something you felt needed addressed by staff, but instead of reporting it or mentioning it in the "Questions and Suggestions" sub-forum, you instead talk in the thread "the moderators should do this" and "moderators should do that". There are good reasons why brining up forum issues in such a manner is so heavily discouraged. We can't address things as quickly when they're brought up like this, and that's if we even notice the request at all. I only came across it myself by casually browsing through forum, so it was just as likely I wouldn't have noticed your request to have thread title edited, it was dumb luck and nothing more that I did.

Just because you report a post, doesn't mean there's anything malicious about that post nor is it an attempt to get anyone in trouble. It's simply saying "can a moderator take a look at this because...". Honestly, it could be 90% of the reports we get from members are them reporting thier own posts because they made a mistake and need them edited or removed. I doubt the OP would hold a grudge over a request to have threat title updated. Still, @DylanC, I will edit the threat title on assumption you would have no objections, but if you do, let me know ASAP.

So yes, I'll comply with the request and edit this threads title to make it clear that the discussion in on PS4 and XBox One games and invite either yourself or someone else to create a new thread at some point about PS5 and XBox Series consoles. All I also polity ask in return is that you @m76 to make such requests through the proper channels in future.

Finally, he's got his request. Anyways, good job for doing your job properly at least this one didn't disintegrate like some kind of conflict we have had with my guy @m76in the past.

So all is good 👍

Answer is pretty easy for me, i'll exclude remasters and apparently nintendo is out too :

1) The witcher 3 : wild hunt

2) Yakuza 0

3) Red dead redemption 2

4) Stardew Valley

5) Kingdom come deliverance

6) Mad max

7) Forza Horizon 2

8 Ac Odyssey

9) Days gone

10) Persona 5

Edited by Yaramaki

18 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Answer is pretty easy for me, i'll exclude remasters and apparently nintendo is out too :

1) The witcher 3 : wild hunt

2) Yakuza 0

3) Red dead redemption 2

4) Stardew Valley

5) Kingdom come deliverance

6) Mad max

7) Forza Horizon 2

8 Ac Odyssey

9) Days gone

10) Persona 5

If Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us II never made that list, it's never complete in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

If Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us II never made that list, it's never complete in my opinion. 

There was Red Dead Redemption 2 on the list but nothing about The Last Of Us Part II. He really needs to update the list, unless he's yet to play TLOU 2.

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

it's just my personal oppinion as I coulden't get into the first last of us, so i never bothered with the second one. I may pick it up if i see it for cheap someday but that would be meanly for collecting sake as i've got no intention of playing it really. Never been much of naughty dog guy, like the uncharted games are good but i don't rate them as high as most people.

3 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

it's just my personal oppinion as I coulden't get into the first last of us, so i never bothered with the second one. I may pick it up if i see it for cheap someday but that would be meanly for collecting sake as i've got no intention of playing it really. Never been much of naughty dog guy, like the uncharted games are good but i don't rate them as high as most people.

Yeah, you're very correct because I was actually going to add, if you haven't played it, you can miss it out because you can't judge what you never played. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, you're very correct because I was actually going to add, if you haven't played it, you can miss it out because you can't judge what you never played. 

I'm not that much of playstation guy anymore meanly because of sony's horrible costumers service i swore to never pay full price for any of their published games.

If you're wondering why, my launch ps3 died after a few months and sony shifted the blame towards me, while it was clearly a manufacters fault, since those models are know to be prone to overheating i had to fork another 150 orso euros for repairs, Despite having warranty. I told myself if you're treating me like this i'll shift all my multiplatform games towards xbox.

However I think sony's best games on ps4 are days gone and horizon zero dawn.

Edited by Yaramaki

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I seriously can't wait to see what God of War Ragnarok is going to be like. It's on top of my list for 2022 games to play. 

Me either - I wonder what kind of new abilities will his son gain. I also wonder how strong he will be by the end of the game.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Me either - I wonder what kind of new abilities will his son gain. I also wonder how strong he will be by the end of the game.

I have watched so many clip on YouTube and it seems like he's well pumped and ready to go and offer more to his father.