Register Now
DylanC

Best opening to a game?

3 hours ago, DylanC said:

Easy one for me, personally: The Last Of Us. I still show non-gamers the opening to that game to show how far our medium has come. Such an emotional opening and I still tear up when I play it.

How about you? What do you think is the best opening in a video game?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

3 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Still haven't played Last Of Us but it sounds worth playing.

So far the best opening I've seen in a game is Doom 2016. Just straight to the point, kick demon ass.

Doom 2016 definitely has a kick ass opening. No messing around. As you said, it's straight to the point. Good choice!

35 minutes ago, Keranov said:

From the games I have played I'm going to vote for Grand Theft Auto V. The game starts directly into a robbing mission and let you play the game.

As someone who just recently started playing it, I must say I dug that opening too. Felt like I had stepped into a Tarantino flick.

11 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm not a huge fan of the game, but Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain had an excellent opening in the hospital and all the chaos. That was epic.

Huge Metal Gear fan here and I have to totally agree with you on this one but the Last Of Us is amazing as well.

The Last of Us 1 comes to mind right away, but to dig deeper in my brain, I think GTA IV had a decent opening, as well as San Andreas. GTA V even had a great opening. Another game that I can think of, would probably be Alan Wake. Oh and Skyrim has that epic opening that everyone remembers. Who could get more iconic than that one?