Register Now
The Overseer

You are given $100,000 to make a video game. What will you make?

Anything that makes things realistic and fun to play is good. Survival games often have that option of getting the most out of the users skills. So I think making survival games is a good strategy. And it will also give some money back from the process. I also think that video game based on the combat and strategy makes sense. 

There are several ideas that come to mind, but what I would love is to tackle GI Joe and make the game for a very mature audience and not tailored to a kid as they always tend to do. I'm not talking action packed shoot em up or another spec ops missions. The franchise has terrorists, ninjas, saboteurs, elite gov. military force, best technologies, weapons dealers, entire brainwashed towns with cobra attire in their closet. I would add a lot of drama and apocalyptic situations.

Some terrorist plots will succeed and others fail. There are so many characters that can be utilized from the Joe and Cobra lineup. It's hard to do, but I would use a wide variety of them instead of the typical lot. I would have a remarkable story where you may even sympathize with Cobra. I have read Joe comics in that sense; where Cobra Commander actually had a reason to become an anarchist and able to recruit so many to add to his militias that had similar fall outs. It would be so much fun to play a character you loved as a kid, switch gear and weapons, level up etc. Or make a character in the likes of yourself. 

You know how much nostalgia that would bring to all the adults that had Joes as a kid and desire to see a mature environment of that awesome time? Bet your ass it will be a big hit. But I'll dream big and given $millions to play with. 

I would go for something more different, like a game that has another game in it. For example, I will mix GTA 5 with call of duty then towards the end add a little bit of resident evil.

The storyline will be massive, it will be a story that started with a peaceful town or city then boom, a war broke up and at the end the scientist will create an advance chemical that will turn everyone to zombie.

What do you think about that?

19 hours ago, Peterlight said:

I would go for something more different, like a game that has another game in it. For example, I will mix GTA 5 with call of duty then towards the end add a little bit of resident evil.

I think return to castle wolfestein attempted that, they created project IGI with horror theme in it. kind of worked but later sequels of their games turned out to be flop. I think such storylines if created can work out. 

Well on another thread about a driving simulator game. So I would love to do a open world multiplayer driving sim.

Technically it would be like driving based and you could make different kind of companies or just drive around.

From uber to pizza deliverers, make money buy better cars and become the president of drivers.

Id give 25% to the graphics 45% to the coders/programers to make the gamplay nice and the rest 30% spread into music and servers.

After we make profit I'd give more to music.

$100,000 is not allot of money for a brand new game project, unless you're relaying heavily on store bought and/or free assets, music and sound.  It would have to be something pretty simple like a puzzle game or maybe a side scroller.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, Peterlight said:

The storyline will be massive, it will be a story that started with a peaceful town or city then boom, a war broke up and at the end the scientist will create an advance chemical that will turn everyone to zombie.

What do you think about that?

I mean come on think about it! That $100,000 is barely enough to cover 2 full time staff members for 1 year! I see some people talking making driving simulators and GTA style open world's and there is no way you could that with any decent quality on that budget.  

Not sure I could make a game for just that amount. $100,000 is a lot, but I don't know if I could make a game with just that amount. I would like to, but I don't have the knowledge. If I had the knowledge, maybe it's a possibility. 

If I could, I would probably make a stealth game. Not sure on the theme or settings, but stealth for sure.