Register Now
Alexander.

Downloading YouTube Videos

Have you ever downloaded a Gaming Video on YouTube, if so what was the main reason for doing so? Why don't just stream it online? There is a service known as YouTube to MP4 that I use. Occasionally, I will download a video so I watch them offline a later date for enterment purposes. 

I have mostly downloaded the instructional videos. And for that I have used the clipgrab software on Windows. It works simply just have to copy the URL and post into the software. And it can pretty much make it easier for you to export into MPEG4 and MP4 or WMV. So those are some options for audio and video you have. I have seen that video grabber also works for twitch too but these days twitch often makes it harder to download the videos as most are live stream. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have mostly downloaded the instructional videos. And for that I have used the clipgrab software on Windows. It works simply just have to copy the URL and post into the software. And it can pretty much make it easier for you to export into MPEG4 and MP4 or WMV. So those are some options for audio and video you have. I have seen that video grabber also works for twitch too but these days twitch often makes it harder to download the videos as most are live stream. 

Same here. Clipgrab is such an essential tool to have. I also use it to download tutorials on software I regularly use such as Microsoft Powerpoint, Camtasia, Canva and Videoscribe among others. It saves me a lot of time from having to constantly search for the same video and with how Youtube have been deleting channels left, right and center, It is definitely a lifesaver.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:20 AM, killamch89 said:

Same here. Clipgrab is such an essential tool to have. I also use it to download tutorials on software I regularly use such as Microsoft Powerpoint, Camtasia, Canva and Videoscribe among others. It saves me a lot of time from having to constantly search for the same video and with how Youtube have been deleting channels left, right and center, It is definitely a lifesaver.

Yes camtasia, canva and clipgrab basically every gamer needs to have those tools. As those tools help cutting and properly editing the experience. I also think that Filmora from Wondershare is a good product. As they have more effects and the improvements on the content editing. 

I also think that we can make use of the online tools for downloading video but quality would be not that consistent. 

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes camtasia, canva and clipgrab basically every gamer needs to have those tools. As those tools help cutting and properly editing the experience. I also think that Filmora from Wondershare is a good product. As they have more effects and the improvements on the content editing. 

I also think that we can make use of the online tools for downloading video but quality would be not that consistent. 

Camtasia and Canva are very important for my animation videos as well.

I used to frequently, one reason was for my reviews when I was starting out as I had no (reliable) means to record my own footage. Where I could I'd get permission from the uploader and give them credit for it. Now I mostly download them for music, provided I can't buy it elsewhere to keep legitimately.

I'm going to be attending a funeral in the coming weeks and I'll be required to isolate before and after. Having some videos while we've no internet access might be prudent to keep me sane.

I only use it for downloading no copyright music from youtube if there is no download link that I can click on 🙂 But it's in Mp4 or MP3 format. So yes used it. back almost 8 years ago used to so allot of UouTube content with other people and when they upload a video I would download there video on my end to keep LOL

On 2/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Syntax said:

I used to do it years ago, although now with SoundCloud/Spotify and their premium memberships - I feel like you can listen to whatever you want for stupdly cheap. 

Same here - I stopped doing that a while back. I can easily access most of them on other platforms.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:15 PM, Alexander. said:

Have you ever downloaded a Gaming Video on YouTube, if so what was the main reason for doing so? Why don't just stream it online? There is a service known as YouTube to MP4 that I use. Occasionally, I will download a video so I watch them offline a later date for enterment purposes. 

I have actually done that at least once that I can remember and it's one of the fights in Final Fantasy which I can't really recall the series.