Register Now
skyfire

Contra 1987 to 2018

If you are into old platformer FPS game then I am sure you have heard of the Contra game. The game is out on the console since the 1987. It was exclusive to the SNES. Later the game was ported to other consoles too. And now a days you can play the game through the DOSBOX. And other similar consoles that are out on the market. I think DOSBOX can definitely be a good option for you in such case. Have you played this game?

wow, what an improvement! 😮

say, im trying to find an old action game. I don't remember the name, but it had 4 characters to choose from, two of which were Marco and Mio (a). White and red gear. Do you know what game it is?

15 hours ago, Bravosi said:

wow, what an improvement! 😮

say, im trying to find an old action game. I don't remember the name, but it had 4 characters to choose from, two of which were Marco and Mio (a). White and red gear. Do you know what game it is?

I'll try to find out more about those games and let you know in new thread. I have been digging old games and finding their future improvements. Hopefully If I find any old games that you refereed, I can put that in new thread. 

12 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Use to be my favorite game.. And Super Contra.. lol

Super contra was good too. But it was kind of boring unlike some of the old levels in the game. 

Contra was always one of my favorite games but in typical fashion, Konami had to screw it up. I don't even remember if it was the last Contra game but they made so many changes and had it in 3D, it flopped pretty badly.

When Contra was released on the NES, it was revolutionary. A game like that hadn't been seen before. People were buying it up and loved it. Especially since it was during the Iran-Contra scandal. That really brought things home for a lot of people.

Uh, yeah!  I love Contra!  I played the shit outta Contra, Super C, and Contra III growing up (and sporadically throughout my life).  For me, playing Contra is one of the best things to do with friends.  It never gets old.

For all you other big Contra fans out there, if you feel like you've been missing the old school Contra experience, there's a retro SNES (or maybe Genesis?) style game called Blazing Chrome that is really cool and fun!  Its basically Contra but vs Machines instead of Aliens.  I suggest checking it out.

I played this game at an early age, one of my childhood games. I played it using VCD player, it always comes from VCD player. I tried to reaching the last antagonist in the game but his armies wouldn't allow me to meet such level, anytime I do I get hacked down unexpectedly.