Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Keranov

Overrated games?

I think that everyone has seen a video game which you think it's an overrated game. Which video game do you think is overrated for you?

Personally, I find Fortnite as an example of that. It's just a simple game without much to do in it. I'm not saying that it's bad but I'm saying I'm a not a fan of it.

Edited by Keranov

Hmmmm... I really believe Battle Royale games are overated. Man... They're just one of the same with no impact, no depth and no boundaries. I believe that gaming isn't about grinding the same map with the same gun and the same routes in order to win.

I also think Hearthstone is SUPER overated. I mean yeah it's a good card game but Gwent or Shadowverse are that good too without being "the future of esports". In general, players that don't really play a game but grind it to be the best are the ones that make it super popular. Imo that's bull... hahahha

2 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

Hmmmm... I really believe Battle Royale games are overated. Man... They're just one of the same with no impact, no depth and no boundaries. I believe that gaming isn't about grinding the same map with the same gun and the same routes in order to win.

I also think Hearthstone is SUPER overated. I mean yeah it's a good card game but Gwent or Shadowverse are that good too without being "the future of esports". In general, players that don't really play a game but grind it to be the best are the ones that make it super popular. Imo that's bull... hahahha

Yep, I completely agree with that. Battle Royale games can be grindy sometimes but Fortnite is a fast-playing game which makes it feel even more grindy. Anyway, I just saw in Steam that there is a new Battle Royale game but underwater. That's something new and I hope it will be a good game.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:40 PM, Keranov said:

Yep, I completely agree with that. Battle Royale games can be grindy sometimes but Fortnite is a fast-playing game which makes it feel even more grindy. Anyway, I just saw in Steam that there is a new Battle Royale game but underwater. That's something new and I hope it will be a good game.

I saw that too 😄 It would be fun to try out if I wasn't terrified of what's underwater in reality hahaahha

Personally, I think Super Mario Odyssey is pretty overrated. Just can't get into it these days. Loved all the classic Mario games but I feel Mario has lost its lustre. Much preferred Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, honestly.  

Rayman wasn't too hot, in fact, down right boring!  Also, Sonic has awesome graphics and playing ability, but it's fast pace just isn't as fun as the slower ones of Mario and Donkey Kong.  Anyway, some of this could be subjective.

Also, I think Fortnite is a little overrated. But that's probably because I see it *everywhere* and I've only played it for a couple of hours. I can understand why folks dig it, though. 

I think Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is insanely overrated. It's a great game but not the best of all time and definitely not my number one pick for the N64.