Register Now
22_22

How long can you invest in a game?

53 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

China can go to any extreme. That's true. But what about other countries? I don't think any other will have as such strict laws like them. 

You haven't seen or heart what North Korea can do? I think they are worst than China 🇨🇳 when it comes to being mean. 

6 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Are you from China? Actually I never really had of the law, that had restricted the children to play games. And the most important question, do people really follow that?

A thread was posted here earlier time about that. The Chinese government restricted the playing hours of children in the country about three hours per week. 

37 minutes ago, Shagger said:

@Head_Hunter, @Razor1911 and @Heatman

Here's the thread where the topic you described was being discussed, but you didn't need me to find it. Just input come key words into the search bar on top right-hand corner of a forum page.

I went through the contents, and I read it again, Chinese government simply wants to reduce the children's gaming addiction. But to me, the restriction around 9: PM - 8: AM is excessive. And again, can they keep consistency and acuracy with the adoption of the facial recognition tech to track down under 18s? 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I went through the contents, and I read it again, Chinese government simply wants to reduce the children's gaming addiction. But to me, the restriction around 9: PM - 8: AM is excessive. And again, can they keep consistency and acuracy with the adoption of the facial recognition tech to track down under 18s? 

If you feel that the restriction around 9: PM - 8: AM is excessive, what time do you think would have been appropriate for such limitations to cut down on their addiction? 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

If you feel that the restriction around 9: PM - 8: AM is excessive, what time do you think would have been appropriate for such limitations to cut down on their addiction? 

You know some gamers love mid night games, even when I was a kid after school hours, I take my showers comeback to play in the night. Because it's the best time I have to enjoy video games. Another one which I don't like about the rule is that, the children will only play for 90 mins overall in a week, and not exceed it. 

For me it really depends. There are times when I will spend all my time playing a new game obsessively for quite a while but then I will become obsessed with something else or another game and focus on that. My longest obsession was Final Fantasy 14. I had gotten it for both pc and ps4 so I could play it at work and at home. Spent years playing it. Last year I had stopped playing it but kept up my account. I had gotten into Red Dead Redemption 2 and was playing that obsessively. Recently I got back into FF14. Ironically it was at the same time two of my friends decided to leave Goblin server or different servers. 
I have also gotten obsessively into The Walking Dead and Resident Evil games. 
I do have an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) which I am on meds for. 

20 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You know some gamers love mid night games, even when I was a kid after school hours, I take my showers comeback to play in the night. Because it's the best time I have to enjoy video games. Another one which I don't like about the rule is that, the children will only play for 90 mins overall in a week, and not exceed it. 

Personally, I believe that latest by 9pm, kids should be in bed and not up playing games for any reason whatsoever. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I believe that latest by 9pm, kids should be in bed and not up playing games for any reason whatsoever. 

Normally they should be sleeping by that time. But do you know that, during weekends, their is enough happiness that comes through it, which can make children last more than 9:00 PM playing games. 

5 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Normally they should be sleeping by that time. But do you know that, during weekends, their is enough happiness that comes through it, which can make children last more than 9:00 PM playing games. 

I have to accept about the limitations during the weekends as well is too odd and not fair to the kids. 

12 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I have to accept about the limitations during the weekends as well is too odd and not fair to the kids. 

It's good you've come to agree with me what I've said. The weekend should be made fun and not where the children will be entangled with limitations playing video games. 

12 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's good you've come to agree with me what I've said. The weekend should be made fun and not where the children will be entangled with limitations playing video games. 

Yeah, in as much as the kids needs good rest during the weekdays, they definitely have ample time to rest and play during the weekend.