Register Now
22_22

How long can you invest in a game?

I can happily play an immersive game for hours at a time, and as for long-term investment, if I find a game that I love, I want to play it over and over again probably for the rest of my life. Factors that draw me in and keep me there include an atmospheric world to explore with rich lore to discover, well-developed and portrayed characters I care about, a compelling story, beautiful soundtracking and ambiance, and any type of game play that gets me into a “flow” state where I can effortlessly concentrate and be in the moment.

It really depends on the game and if it's something that has a lot of replayability. Games that come to mind for me, are the GTA Series, COD series, and the Super Mario series are games I can replay often. I can invest into these games every so often. I always come back to them in some way, either it to be playing a classic game in the series, or getting the newest one out to release. 

I'd say the games I invested more time into, would probably be the GTA Series, mainly the likes of Vice City, San Andreas and maybe somewhat GTA IV, even though I started to feel the fatigue of playing the same thing too much. I've invested a lot of my life into the GTA series especially, same with COD, as there was a time where I would get every single release. Lately I don't do that, but I found that I've been interested in the series a lot more since they've nixed the futuristic crap for the most part and went back to what works. idk, I'm probably rambling at this point. 

Depends. Like with GTA 5, the storyline on singleplayer was really good and so I did invest quite a lot of time on it. But, because you can free-roam, do side-missions and online (which has a lot of stuff), I can play on it for ages because of how much there is to do. 

I like to stop and savor what I just experienced after reaching a certain point/quest/fight/discovered location/ etc. If not, then for me those experiences will be blanketed over while I have moved on to something else in the game. It's like reading a chapter in a book. But if I'm roaming in an open world, I could play longer. 

On 9/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm at 200 hours on Assassins Creed Odyssey. I have almost 40 games on ps4, played them, but what stuck for me is Odyssey and Witcher 3. I have never been into a game as much as these two. Just got AC Origins and never gonna stop those three games. What keeps me playing the most is beautiful exploration. It's an adventure better than tv or books because I am controlling what to do and where to go. In AC I enjoy the villages and all that is going on as if I were there. The graphics are amazing and sometimes I can just picture myself there in an ancient village, fishing village, or on a mountain or forest or ocean. And I have at least 100 hours in Horizon Zero Dawn. Once again, the exploration and beauty keep me in it. 

For me those will stick for a long time. Interestingly, Witcher 3 I didn't like at first cause there was too much potions to learn, things to craft, gear wearing down, weight problems of gear I have to stop and lose things in inventory to fix weight issues. I stopped the game for 6 months till I picked it back up and gave it another try. The quests started to get really good and along with exploration got me hooked. Fallout 4 I stopped playing cause of weight issues. 

Monster Hunter World I am at a loss in that game. Not sure what to do, too much weapons to learn and inventory stuff, I stopped playing and probably won't go back for a long while. 

I get bored with shooting and not so interesting atmosphere. I need adventure and beautiful places to see. And getting awesome outfits/gear for the character in 3rd person games I love too. 

Monster Hunter games have a very steep learning curve but if you stick with it, you'll get it eventually. With Monster Hunter, it's best to approach most hunts with no expectations because most times, things never really go according to plan.