Register Now
m76

The Witcher 3's storyline is too long according to devs

The Witcher 3's storyline is too long according to devs  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you finish the story in Witcher 3?

• Yes
    • No, because it was too long
    • No, because I didn't like the game enough
    • No, for another reason, explain in comments

Recently CP2077 developers have revealed that they shortened the story of Cyberpunk, because so many people didn't finish the Witcher 3.

How do you feel about that?

I say that's a load of bollocks, a campaign can't be too long if it's good. If people didn't finish it, there must be other reasons for it. If I like something the longer it is the better.

And not many people finish campaigns in any game, that's just how things always are. For example only 22% of players beat the last mission in Control according to steam. Of course that doesn't account for players who are still in progress of playing the game.  but the fact is that an 50% completion rate can be considered extremely high among story driven games.

Edited by m76

I didn't finish The Witcher 3 because I just couldn't get I to it for some reason. Nothing majorly wrong the game, it just didn't click with like it did with others.

This move from CDPR is something they decided to do based on the data they have, so it's fair enough and doesn't really bother me. If the story is well paced and interesting but just doesn't fill as many hours, leave it that way. Adding filler to make it longer will only make it worse.

I know it's the same developer for both games, but Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have to be The Witcher 3 to be good, so I don't understand why CDPR feel compelled to make these comparisons all the time.

Edited by Shagger
7 hours ago, Shagger said:

This move from CDPR is something they decided to do based on the data they have, so it's fair enough and doesn't really bother me. If the story is well paced and interesting but just doesn't fill as many hours, leave it that way. Adding filler to make it longer will only make it worse.

That's exactly the point. The data only shows people didn't finish the game, it does not tell them why they didn't. That's why I mentioned the poor comlpetion rate of another successful game that is short. Being long has nothing to do with it.  This seems like they are making excuses for the game already which doesn't exactly reassure me.

I'm in the same boat as @Shagger on this one. It's a beautifully designed game, but I just couldn't get into it. I tried several times, but it just couldn't get its hooks into me. So it sits in my Switch case just "collecting dust" so to speak. I would consider selling it, but when I do that I always regret it. So I'm just going to hang on to it. I may try again to play it later.

I am definitely going to try and complete the story. Been playing it for around a year now. I put it down for a couple months cause it was complicated at first with all the potions and gear wearing down. I didn't care much for Gwent and skipped a lot of that part of the game. But now I just got into it and know how to play. Been going back to places I been to collect the cards. Kind of a brilliant little card game. I don't plan on quitting Witcher 3. I'm at level 19 in the main story line.