Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who here clocks more video game hours than you ever expected?

Well I never get surprised by it, but I do sometimes game more than I should. But I do some games that I can work online at the same time while playing them. Like TFT for example, the auto-chess game, which you can play and write articles online or such. I knew I'd game my whole life, as it is fantastic, and I will want my kids to play games 😄

Considering that I have nothing but empty time, I game the entire time I’m awake. The amount of hours I’m awake every day varies, but from the moment I wake up, until I go to sleep, I’m gaming. I have very few options to keep myself occupied, which is why I have so many games on my phone, and keep my Switch nearby all the time.

that's just a dumb thing and kills the fun in gaming, i used to nolife back in 2015, more than 10 hours a day (in Summer), ruined my school's stuff and my health as well, i'm against limiting your time because being that strict is annoying, but you should really realize that what you are doing is wrong before time passes, nowadays i spend around 3 hours in singleplayer games and it's way funnier than those 10 hours :p

I never really thought about how much will I play games later. In the mid 2000s there were a few years when I gamed very little, and at that point I thought that I had "grown up" and no longer needed games.  But by 2010 I was fully back at it, and that hasn't changed since.

Sen people worse than me, I do game but 100% of the time that you see me gaming when I'm streaming 🙂 other than that when I'm not streaming or talking with people I'm not gaming. I spend all day on the PC and not game. When I do game, can be 3 to 4 hours and maybe 6 hours max when streaming. 

People that I know can game far more hours than me and I tell them, Do you have anything else to be doing then just gaming LOL. 

Like, I work or go out then when home I do mostly web stuff and working on my site and other sites then game after. 

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

that's just a dumb thing and kills the fun in gaming, i used to nolife back in 2015, more than 10 hours a day (in Summer), ruined my school's stuff and my health as well, i'm against limiting your time because being that strict is annoying, but you should really realize that what you are doing is wrong before time passes, nowadays i spend around 3 hours in singleplayer games and it's way funnier than those 10 hours 😛

Is that a response to me?

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Is that a response to me?

nope, i didn't even see your post, i did read the main post, then jumped to reply with my own personal opinion :3

now after reading your post, i can say that you are kind of addicted to games, i was pretty much the same (that i had a pc near my bed), but i did hurt my left eye :(

I think it's the opposite for me. I've found that I used to play games a lot more as a kid, and there's a big reason for that. I didn't have to work or have many responsibilities. So I remember played GTA Vice City, San Andreas and other games for hours on end day by day sometimes. 

These days I game far less, but I will sometimes catch myself gaming for hours on end still. 

I'd always imagined myself playing a lot of games growing up, I just didn't realise that I'd be doing it for reviews. When I was a child I'd wanted to talk about games but never knew that could be a job, even though my dad bought me Official Playstation Magazine so I could have the demos and he could enjoy some light reading. So I'm rather glad to be doing that, from high school to my adulthood, even if I sometimes fail to remember how lucky I am to be in such a position.

Edited by Withywarlock

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

that's just a dumb thing and kills the fun in gaming, i used to nolife back in 2015, more than 10 hours a day (in Summer), ruined my school's stuff and my health as well, i'm against limiting your time because being that strict is annoying, but you should really realize that what you are doing is wrong before time passes, nowadays i spend around 3 hours in singleplayer games and it's way funnier than those 10 hours 😛

I think this is largely a matter of personal taste and perspective.  I've been a hardcore gamer all my life; for me video games aren't a hobby, they're a passion.  If I'm not listening to music or watching movies in my spare time, I'm playing video games.  Its what makes me truly happy in life.  As long as a person is able to fulfill their responsibilities in life, and maintain good physical and mental health, then I don't think there is anything bad you can say about spending all one's free time playing video games.

I've been playing video games obsessively since I was 5 years old.  I don't think I ever could have imagined living life any differently.  I mean sure, at different stages in life  I've had to take a whole lot of time away to dedicate to going to school, and working a part or full time job, but no matter -what- I'm doing, the video games I'm going to be playing are what I look forward to at the end of it all.

8 hours ago, Patrik said:

now after reading your post, i can say that you are kind of addicted to games

It's not an addiction, it's a lack of options. I'm stuck in a wheelchair because I'm disabled and unable to work a job, so I draw disability. That in and of itself leaves me with the entire day to try to fill. Hence, I play video games more now than I used to. At this moment, I'm completely burned out on gaming. It doesn't matter in the least what the game or platform is, I don't want to play it. I'll get back to my old self in a few days, maybe a week or two. But when your entire day is nothing but empty time, you look for things to do to occupy that time. If I feel the itch, I'll get back to writing. Maybe I can finally fix my first novel, or just write a few new shorts. Most likely though, I'll just be bored as hell and not want to do much of anything.

This is not a life worth living. But I would rather be the thorn in the worlds side than give it peace.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's not an addiction, it's a lack of options. I'm stuck in a wheelchair because I'm disabled and unable to work a job, so I draw disability. That in and of itself leaves me with the entire day to try to fill. Hence, I play video games more now than I used to. At this moment, I'm completely burned out on gaming. It doesn't matter in the least what the game or platform is, I don't want to play it. I'll get back to my old self in a few days, maybe a week or two. But when your entire day is nothing but empty time, you look for things to do to occupy that time. If I feel the itch, I'll get back to writing. Maybe I can finally fix my first novel, or just write a few new shorts. Most likely though, I'll just be bored as hell and not want to do much of anything.

This is not a life worth living. But I would rather be the thorn in the worlds side than give it peace.

I'm so sorry, i really didn't know about that ... i hope i wasn't offensive in any way..