Register Now
StaceyPowers

What would other people say you excel at as a gamer?

If you were to ask me, I would say the only thing I excel at is getting pissed off.

But I just went and asked my girl. She mentioned that I easily master old games (NES/SNES mainly) and I'm a whiz with Zelda games. She also mentioned that I am a master gamer for FF8. So the old stuff is what I excel at.

I'm also good with controller repair, and once in a while, system repair.

Shooting accuracy.

I don't know but I am a gifted shooter. I tried real shooting in a range firing arena and I scored 8 bulls eye out of 10 there. Even though I haven't undergone any training for such. 😆

Edited by Razor1911

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I don't know but I am a gifted shooter. I tried real shooting in a range firing arena and I scored 8 bulls eye out of 10 there. Even though I haven't undergone any training for such. 😆

I'm a dead-eye myself. I have lit a match with an open sight .22 from 60' away. It took a half hour of aiming and countering the wind, but I was able to do it on the first shot. I also killed a squirrel that was in its nest from over 100 yards away with the same rifle in one shot. All of this was when I was a kid (I think around 17) and still a hunter.

I don't hunt anymore for several reasons. My guns are all for self defense, home protection, and hobby target shooting.

Edited by The Blackangel

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm a dead-eye myself. I have lit a match with an open sight .22 from 60' away. It took a half hour of aiming and countering the wind, but I was able to do it on the first shot. I also killed a squirrel that was in its nest from over 100 yards away with the same rifle in one shot. All of this was when I was a kid (I think around 17) and still a hunter.

I don't hunt anymore for several reasons. My guns are all for self defense, home protection, and hobby target shooting.

My grandpa taught me how to shoot real young. Him and my uncles are gun collectors and they have their own shooting range. It's private though; only personal use. He used to make his own shotgun ammo. I don't know if it's even legal anymore, but he had everything he needed and had a machine to pack it all in the shells. 

54 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

My grandpa taught me how to shoot real young. Him and my uncles are gun collectors and they have their own shooting range. It's private though; only personal use. He used to make his own shotgun ammo. I don't know if it's even legal anymore, but he had everything he needed and had a machine to pack it all in the shells. 

It's called a reloader. It's legal and a lot of people use them.

Playing the objective, and generally getting things done. I've learnt from years of being my now worst enemy, once having been that player who would stay back and just play Deathmatch instead of capturing flags and points and such. I am however guilty of using Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)'s Ground War mode for sniping battles, given it's built so incredibly well for it.

I'll also add that I can think outside the box. In Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War especially I find myself trying to flank opponents, get melee kills and the odd execution to make my team's advance easier. I've done this in other games, but no more than in the recent CoD games.